Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Finding an A Level course…
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

So, I’ve decided I’d like to do a statistics A/Level. Looks like AQA are the only board who offer it. I’ve checked my local colleges, but they don’t offer the course. How can I find who actually offer this as a course?

poolman
    Free Member

No idea re online courses but i am thinking of self studying for an a level, that and a bit of private tuition. I did stats at uni and quite enjoyed it, but was thinking of something completely different.

I have not studied for 30 years so suspect i will be a slow learner.

Post up here how you get on.

poly
    Free Member

Why an a-level? Are there NVQs or similar? are there online providers (there are for software and big data so probably).

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I like the idea of studying in a classroom. I could try online learning if all else fails.

I have no experience of what A/Level equivalents are. If NVQs are acceptable then I’m fine with taking those instead.

Junkyard
    Free Member

contact AQA ask them who does it – they will know
    : 0161 957 3852
    Email: maths@aqa.org.uk

Alternatively contact all the colleges you can attend and ask them if they deliver it?

I think the most likely scenario is it is done for those 16-18 and you will struggle to find an evening class and an adult class

YOu dont state why you want to do statistics but there is no “vocational” [ ie NVQ/HNC/ BTEC]alternative to it that springs to mind though the list as it at work.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For me it would be why an A Level too, is it for work or just for fun? Find something that delivers what you want and go for it properly. What do you want from it, what will it help you with and why are you doing it?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@junkyard and @lazarus
    Thanks! I’ll get in touch with them.

I’m doing a bunch of data analysis stuff at work. Feels like I’d be able to do a lot more with the data if I understood some statistics. I’d also like to investigate the possibility of a data science masters at some point to switch or enhance my career so it made sense to start with statistics because linear regression is a big part of most of what I do.

Daytime classes are not a problem if it’s close enough for me to attend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Finding an A Level course…’ is closed to new replies.