Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Finding a Picasso in your attic
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Just listening to an amazing story on the radio. A guy from Fife who stored his mums belongings in his attic, after she passed away, as he was too distraught to sort it out. 15 years later he decides to a clear out his attic and in his mums belongings was a time capsule from 50 years ago. Turns out his father was a Russian guy from Leningrad who he had never met. Apparently his father had sent the painting to his mother so she could sell and use to bring up their son.

Currently the painting is with Christies being verified and potentially worth £110m. Sounds a really decent bloke and hope its a real one.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Let’s get it in early …..

I went up into the attic and found a Stradivarius and a Rembrandt.
    Unfortunately Stradivarius was a terrible painter and Rembrandt made lousy violins

RIP TC

growinglad
    Free Member

I don’t have a loft….but if I did I’d wonder how it ever got up there in the first place

😉

Joking aside, talk about a life changing event.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some locals kept finding stuff like that in the basement when death duties and the like were due. Was the Duke of Northumberland though

midlifecrashes

Sounds like my neighbour and her jade water buffalo. Although she was loaded already, but you wouldn’t know it to look at her. She got herself a big telly to watch the racing and some new curtains.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

She got herself a big telly to watch the racing and some new curtains.

😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Finding a Picasso in your attic’ is closed to new replies.