• This topic has 54 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by 69er.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Finders fee offered…
  • 69er
    Free Member

I'm after a 2009 21" Gary Fisher Paragon 29er and am willing to pay £50 on completion of the purchase to the finder. It has to be:
    new
    21"
    available on http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk
    Preferably in the South of England

Gary_M
    Free Member
    BlingBling
    Free Member

*win*

69er
    Free Member

Sorry Gary, nice try.
    a) they don't have one
    b) they don't do the cyclescheme over £1000

Cash still waiting….

69er
    Free Member

BlinBling – eh?

Gary_M
    Free Member

they don't do the cyclescheme over £1000

Where did it say that in your op?

69er
    Free Member

I clarify:

It has to be in stock

BlingBling
    Free Member

Boooooo!

69er
    Free Member

Gary….available on the cyclescheme, and it's not (even if they had one) because Pedal On only do bikes up to £1000 retail value and do not allow the customer to 'top up' 😕

FAIL

Gary_M
    Free Member

Same old kona_ona always cheating

To be fair I should have phoned them up for you.

69er
    Free Member

Blingbling – eh? 😯

69er
    Free Member

Blingbling – eh? 😯

Rickos
    Free Member

I think Blingbling is commenting on GaryM "winning" your £50 and then not "winn9ing" it. That's all.

samuri
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

Fail samuri, thats the one I linked to. expect kona_ona to be along to chastise you shortly 😉

69er
    Free Member

Ok, just to clarify once more… the shop needs to actually have a bike in stock for me to purchase!

For £50 I am capable of typing 'Gary Fisher Paragon' into Google.. 😀

Does anyone want my money?

samuri
    Free Member

he's a fussy bugger isn't he? If it's not on google it doesn't exist.

tragically1969
    Free Member
    Gary_M
    Free Member

He is samuri, as far as I'm concerned he can stick his money where the sun don't shine 😉

Oh and tragically1969 if it is in stock or whatever he'll find some other way of wriggling out of paying up.

69er
    Free Member

I thought this would be a really good idea… may have changed my mind now 😆 .

1969 – is it in stock? £50……

alexpalacefan

Give the guy a break, he's offering to pay for your services, if you don't like it don't do it.

Kona_ona, I would have thought this was a good idea too, best of luck with the search

Alex

tragically1969
    Free Member

I dont know if its in stock, seems to suggest it may be, i found it for you, you call them, no point in me doing it, i dont want one !!

Nice bike by the way, was in the alps last week and a guy had one.

DezB
    Free Member

alexpalacefan – Member
    Give the guy a break, he's offering to pay for your services, if you don't like it don't do it.

Don't take things so seriously!

Gary_M
    Free Member

alexpalacefan relax fella, I'm sure the op has taken the fun we're having in the way it's intended. Did he ask you to protect him, thought not, so dry your eyes and lighten up?

oddjob
    Free Member

I would say that you're unlikely to find one in the UK at all, never mind the cycle to work sub claus but good luck.
    Have you considered a Salsa Mamsita?

vanilla83
    Free Member

I dont need £50 and/or are too lazy to phone, but why not phone Gary Fisher and ask them which shops more recently took delivery of said bike. They'll know whose likely to have it in stock.

If that works, give the £50 to a cancer charity please.

DezB
    Free Member

I dont need £50

Give us £50 mate

Chevin
    Free Member

Hello!

I have 2010 Paragons in stock and in 21". Not in the south of England though, I'm in the much more rugged north, so you'll need to drive. Maybe Dalby for the 1st ride? It's only an hour and a bit from us.

I'm also a cyclescheme dealer.

Matthew

01943 462773

Gary_M
    Free Member

Fail, it's a 2009 he's after 😉

Chevin
    Free Member

However the only difference is the colour (and £50 by coincidence!)……2009 were sold out in 21" by March…

Matthew

grumm
    Free Member

Don't buy anything from SBR Sports.

69er
    Free Member

Chevin cycles – jolly good blokes! But I want a 2009 model…the 2010 ones are (in my eyes) awful.

Had to laugh at 1969's efforts though! Google, tap… quickest £50 you would have ever made!

vanilla83 – tried this through my local dealer but they were less than helpful!

tragically1969
    Free Member

{Have a couple of days off}

69er
    Free Member

That's nice, great use of the English language.

I'm after an actual bike. If you know of a shop that has one, as specified, and you put me in touch with them I'll give you £50.

I'm quite capable of finding a web page with a picture on it.

Simples.

foxyrider
    Free Member

How about East Cycles here:

But don't know if they have a 21" in stock>

http://www.eaststcycles.com/products.php?plid=m21b17s293p2691&tbv=GARY_FISHER_Paragon_BIKES_Hard_Tails

69er
    Free Member

You're just teasing me now 😆

The idea is: you tell me of a shop, doing http://www.cyclescheme.co.uk, that actually has a bike! So if your local shop has one in stock I can buy I will give you or your nominated charity £50!

I'm quite enjoying this now! Apart from the abuse…

Chevin
    Free Member

You won't find one! We had the last of these back in March. We also had the last shipped to us from Trek in Europe.

As I recall, the only other dealer who actually had a 21 Paragon was Johns Bikes in Bath (or Bristol- can't remember!)

The new colour does grow on you! A lot better in the flesh than the pictures. Blue is the new white is the new black….

Matthew

69er
    Free Member

It's horrible….

jim
    Free Member

Buy a 2010 and use your £50 to get it painted.

Job done.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Finders fee offered…’ is closed to new replies.