Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Find me a bloody bike please!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So I’ve got the green light fully. Was going to buy a felt compulsion but have been put off by a couple of comments on a previous post regarding their bearing durability.
    I’m after something reduced (aren’t we all) happy with 26″, 150 travel would be good. I’m 12 1/2st and hammer thro rocks etc so need something to withstand a fat lad giving it some grief. I don’t want to upgrade as soon as I buy as my nuts will be sheared off by mrs ws. And a dropper post is a must!
    1900 quid absolute max

nickdavies

Easy: https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3265

Love mine, hammer it around with absolutely no skill, technique or flair and it’s been ace.
    Apart from the headset, that’s a crock of badly sealed crap.

Edit: Although i’ve got the rockshox equipped version – not sure on the quality of the fox components – i think maybe the 34’s got some bad press?

wrightyson
    Free Member

The most opinionated place on earth and I get one reply. 😀
    Thanks for that reply btw.

andypandy85
    Free Member

I have a Strive too, amazing kit for the money, but the rear shock blows through the travel easily. Pretty sure a suspension tuning company could sort it though, I’m going to look into that when funds allow…

bol

What size are you after? There are some good deals on 2013 Cannondales at Paul’s Cycles.

blob
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Had looked at the cannondales at pauls. Only thing that put me off was the “pull shock” and how much it would cost if it goes tits up?
    I’m 5’10” so right on the limit of medium with most manufactures I’d say. Current spesh is a medium and has been perfect.
    Thanks for the replies. Its a bank hol weekend the wife is still smiling so keep them coming and I might just get to hit buy.

willharrop
    Free Member

I’d go for the Wicked!

Macavity
    Free Member
    dan45a
    Free Member

YT wicked is a sorted bike, my mate has one, unbeatable for the money I think.

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Trail/Wicked-650B

mattrgee
    Free Member

As suggested, YT or Canyon. However, the poor shock tune on the Canyons sounds likes it’s still going on so would therefore choose the YT.

blob
    Free Member

No idea if they’re any good but these bikes look quite tempting.
    They’re another German direct selling company like Canyon and YT

wrightyson
    Free Member

Having a flick through various feeds and it would appear yt are a pain in the ass to deal with if owt goes wrong. At some point I’ve got to take a punt on something as the old spesh is falling apart underneath me!

notlocal
    Free Member

I’m 6′ 2″ and around 16 stone kitted up. My Cannondale Jekyll is XL and could do with another inch of top tube (swapped original 90mm stem for a 60mm) so don’t rule out the large with a stubby stem. Had no issues with the shock in 2 years of beasting it.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member
    oli31
    Free Member

What bout a NP Mega TR? CRC have some good deals on 26″ frames and full builds, although it falls a bit short of your 150mm travel requirement it’s a pretty burly bike in the flesh.

Just back from a great afternoon at Cwm Carn on mine so slightly biased : )

wrightyson
    Free Member

Do I need 150 ish travel. I’m currently riding a 120 spesh. Will it improve my riding? I just want to really push harder thro the rock/rooty sections. I do sometimes wonder If longer travel will make me more ragged/on the edge of falling off. Does it work like that?
    Still want a new bike!

cashback

I have been looking at getting a YT wicked as well, however you have to either pay by paypal (with added fees) or direct bank transfer.
    Does anyone have any experience of direct bank transfer to a German company? Was there any issues?
    cheers

tomaso
    Free Member

Payment has been discussed on here previously and over on Pinkbike. Using a currency company to transfer money at most advantegous exchange rate saves some £$£$.

I am looking at the Wicked 650B but just pondering what appears to be quite a short top tube..600mm for a large seems a little short?

Alex

Any 26inch Nukeproof Mega’s still for sale on CRC? Mine was £730 with a Monach+ shock. Build mine for about 2k, could easily get in your budget with slightly cheaper – but still good – stuff.

leythervegas
    Free Member

i am also looking pal so i will follow this thread closely. The best I have seen so far is the Canyon Spectral AL 7.0. Awesome spec for the money, 140/120 travel and includes a dropper post.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3253#tab-reiter2

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Find me a bloody bike please!’ is closed to new replies.