Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • finally! turner 5spot
  • pastcaring
    Free Member

ordered 11 weeks ago, arrived today 😀

big thanks to rob at bike boutique and lj at turner.

mildred

That is a nice looking Turner. I'm glad that you didn't try to make white a theme, just because your forks are.

having said that…

… do you live in a **** tree house?

Rocketdog36
    Free Member

Doesn't look quiet so ugly with the painted rear end.

pastcaring
    Free Member

mildred – Member

… do you live in a **** tree house?

kind of?

stugus
    Free Member

wow, thats a whole lotta wood!

stugus
    Free Member

oh and a nice bike too! 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Wow, nice decking: You could make a trials/north shore course around that :mrgreen:

I really don't like the way those new Turners look (sorry, personal preference n'all), but that is the best looking one I've seen.

pastcaring
    Free Member

day off today, sun is shining i may be gone for some time! 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Is the little hut your actual house? You should have built a bigger one with some of that decking wood!

Anyway, I like the bike. It's not ugly.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

nice bike – definately wouldnt want the job of staining all that decking!

lowey

Nice!

yoshimi

Could have had a 575 instead 😉

pastcaring
    Free Member

wow what a difference a new frame and fork make. i spent the day hitting the worst lines i could find.
    i expected the rear suspension to work really well and it does, up and down. the revelation is a great fork and surprisingly stiff. a very good match for the 5spot. the bike hold its line so well through the ruff stuff.

yes i live in the shed 🙂

considered the yeti 5, but i'd be scarred to take it to the alps/catskills.

Burls72
    Free Member

Nice looking bike and like the build. As said before the painted rear triangle makes it look a lot better. Top marks goes to that decking though, bigger than a lot of flats!

wwaswas

it's good to see the 'leftovers' piled underneath in case there's a sudden need for an extension at short notice.

falkirk-mark

I take it you done a spot of woodworking to pass the time while you were waiting for it. (nice bike BTW)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

where do you live?

dano
    Free Member

small house, big deck! you could have like 1000 bbq's all at once…

pastcaring
    Free Member

dano – Member
    small house, big deck! you could have like 1000 bbq's all at once…

big house, big deck, big bbq, (not mine) small cabin, pumptrack (mine)

cabin, cabin base, decking, brother in law and me, 8 days

@wwaswas

nothing stacked underneath?

@ ChunkyMTB –

just outside battle for the last seven months. why are you coming for bbq? 😀

Johnbot
    Free Member

First of all nice bike, very nice.
    Second what the **** is with that decking? what do you use it for? Do you have to seal it every year? How long does that take? Shockface

CTML
    Free Member

Nice bike, but love the house. Do you ever practice hoping that 5-step staircase? 😆

Inzane
    Free Member

That decking would be fantastic fun to play around on by bike.

Nice one on the Spot. I have one too and really like the ride!

pastcaring
    Free Member

Johnbot – Member
    First of all nice bike, very nice.
    Second what the **** is with that decking? what do you use it for? Do you have to seal it every year? How long does that take? Shockface

thats not all the decking! 😳

needs sealing every other year, don't know how long it takes as we only did it this winter.

as for what we use it for? everything when the suns out, not loads when its pissing

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

needs a hot-tube

pastcaring
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – Member
    needs a hot-tube

funny you should say that…

UK-FLATLANDER

Nice looking build, what pedals are you using?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Is that Mr Miyagi's house.

pastcaring
    Free Member

UK-FLATLANDER – Member
    Nice looking build, what pedals are you using?

point one, podium

nasher
    Free Member

is that sthil br 600 leaf blower?

Been using one for the last few days clearing our trails, moves rocks twigs, branches …. everything!

duir
    Free Member

Hows the 5 spot ride? Does that head angle cause any stability problems?

elaineanne
    Free Member

is that a joplin seatpost too…….hmm i was looking at those but they have alot of probs with them ! seals going all the time and they need regular servicing apparently..

dano
    Free Member

do you run a decking company?
    are you a carpenter?
    are you Geppetto?
    I like the build, I'm building a 5spot at the momentbut its taking me a while….

ssswwweeeeeettttttt

pastcaring
    Free Member

@ duir
    the ha of the 5spot with the revelation is 68.5, do you consider this steep for a trail bike?
    i've done a coupler short steep rooty roll ins and guessing 30 mph down a horse pock marked double track, the 5spot never felt out of its depth. the 5spot and rev holds a line better than my canfield balance and 36 did.
    fwiw my 98 santa cruz super 8 had a 68 ha

@e a
    long,long thread on mtbr…
    this is my first dropper seat post. worked great but have only done one ride so far 😳

@dano
    1 no i'm a duct fitter
    2 same as 1
    3 no grant

good luck with your build. there's not many bikes i've ridden that have felt comfortable from the off, but the turner is one of them.

duir
    Free Member

@ duir
    the ha of the 5spot with the revelation is 68.5, do you consider this steep for a trail bike?

On paper and visually yes but no offence intended I am just investigating several 5"ish frames with a view to building up a new bike and wanted some real world feedback on the ride. Have to travel a long way round here to get a demo bike to ride.

When you say "Trail Bike" what does that mean?

fergusd

Just finished building myself one of these too, first FS bike for me and I am amazed at how well it rides . . . perhaps the floats on the front lets it down though, not quite in the same class as the frame I feel, although I expect they will improve with age . . . still a couple of weeks in and the hardtail will likely stay in the garage for a long, long time 😉

grantway
    Free Member

Very nice bike MR 😉

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Nice build, Hopefully will get mine sometime in May going for the charcoal with Fox 32 RLC 140 up front, As I broke my collar bone at Glentress last weekend I am hoping I will be fit to take it out to set it up propaly, I was able to drive on Monday and broke it on Friday so see what the Fracture Clinic say on Tuesday. If Tyler Hamilton can ride a stage in the Tour de France it should be no bother 😉

Think I will plum for some UST wheels as a 5 spot deserves new boots.

pastcaring
    Free Member

duir – Member
    @ duir
    On paper and visually yes but no offence intended I am just investigating several 5"ish frames with a view to building up a new bike and wanted some real world feedback on the ride. Have to travel a long way round here to get a demo bike to ride.

When you say "Trail Bike" what does that mean?

no offense taken, sorry if it came across that way.

i also did a lot of research on 5'ish bikes. i was looking for 68 ha 13.5 bb. the spot is .5 out on the ha and .2 on the bb. my last bike (canfield balance) had a 66 ha 13.5 bb. so to be honest the first time down the steep shoot on the spot i was pouting a bit 😀 but i came out smiling. this may have a lot to do with the fork also, as it doesn't dive through its travel. i was very happy at speed (not gone that fast since last summer) didn't feel twitchy at all.

trail bike: something that can be ridden up, down, under, over or through anything. well nearly, i have ridden
    rock garden on a downhill bike that made me more than pout! 😯

@fd

nice build. are you running your float at 150 or 140?

pastcaring
    Free Member

and nobodies mentioned my fork compression bolt 🙁 one of my favorite bits of trickery 😳

fergusd

Floats at 150mm, for all the difference it makes when you run at the correct amount of sag . . . stiction is what's putting me off the floats . . . the DT Swiss XMC's I have on the other bike are in a different league, but then they are nice and run in . . . up to Laggan this weekend me thinks and a wee loop north east of Dunkeld for the views 😉

Fd

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘finally! turner 5spot’ is closed to new replies.