Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Finally – new truck….
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

@waderider, it sounds like theres no good solid truck in existance, only major pros and major cons of each model. Reckon thats probably changing with the brand new models such as in the OP though?

I’ve been buying 4×4’s to help get to the farm which is a rutty off road fest, not good in winter, but I don’t think I could go back to a normal car if the need to negate the farm track was no more, you grow to love the high riding position and oodles of space.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Interior of the new one looks nice. Interior of the current one looks like it was designed by the fella who designed the last generation Zafira/Vectra/Astras designer in his lunch break.

STR what sort of mpg do you get with a 3l V6 and whats the 0-60? I imagine it shifts well?

I’d love one of these, what year are all the bugs ironed out?

I’ve not driven it yet (as in owning), but according to other owners, the 7sp auto returns similar figures to the 2.5l 6sp manual – so low 30’s. I have test driven it though and it’s far from quick, but 9s 0-60 I think – the torque is immense though.

The only issues I had with my ’11 plate were an ECU software problem, causing limp mode (fixed with re-program at dealers) and the well documented faulty 4wd transfer switches on the gearbox. The big end problems were D22’s and the early clutch & half shaft problems on the D40’s were dealt with early on – you’d want a facelift (2010 on) though for better equipment and more power.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m trying to think why it looked strange… Then I spotted it. Most Nav drivers here have a 3″ lift kit, MAHOOSIVE roo bars and not tray canopy (and some kind of mangy mutt in the tray).

I imagine it’s pretty pricey to insure/tax/fuel – hope it’s a company car!

SidewaysTim

I got a new truck a couple of weeks ago too 🙂

root
    Free Member

The ’96 D21 With a full cab and 7′ bed looks great, off to check prices…

LoCo
    Free Member

@Tim if ever there was a truck in need of a gun rack 😀

I imagine it’s pretty pricey to insure/tax/fuel – hope it’s a company car!

Not in the usual sense of a benefit in kind, as I’m a sole trader,, but it’s my company work vehicle – and family car

heckler73
    Free Member

im a 100 pounds less insurance than my t5 for an l200, the roadtax is same price, but obviously fuel a bit more. sole trader also but will double up as work truck, bike,kayak carrier, family,dog shuttle too …
    and think I will just claim all the vat back next year and treat myself to a holiday………

and think I will just claim all the vat back next year and treat myself to a holiday………

Posted 3 hours ago # Report-Post

How are you financing the L200?

The reason I ask, is why wouldn’t you claim the VAT back at your first quarter after purchase?

heckler73
    Free Member

over 5 years artist, was going to go with 3 year lease, but il try keep monthly payments lower, small deposit and balloon payment at end and hand back or keep, my books only go in once a year and im not vat registered so get tax relief on whole deal although ive not paid it all off…..im no expert on the tax front, just what my accountant tells me last week, he advises to spread the relief over the term but think il be greedy and acquire the lot

cardo

My old (despised) boss had a 56 plate Navara and my how we laughed when he rang to say the half shaft had parted company with him on the motorway… thankfully no innocent on comers or other road users were mangled or mashed by a bouncing wheel and axle on the M1… Nissan didn’t laugh either as they quickly disposed of the vehicle from the yard holding the truck and it was never seen again, sadly with all the boss’s CDs, shoes and other guff he used to keep for his amusement on the motorway inc. a diesel boost kit that the insurance company spotted and they had a good laugh at his attempts to threaten court action and other trouser-less threats of hot air…. Still must have scared the poop out of him 😯 ..
    Like that Navara in White all the same.

im not vat registered so get tax relief on whole deal although ive not paid it all off…..im no expert on the tax front, just what my accountant tells me last week, he advises to spread the relief over the term but think il be greedy and acquire the lot

Sorry if I sound pedantic, but how are you planning on getting the VAT back if you aren’t registered? I think you may be getting a bit confused – you will get tax relief on the whole amount and can claim this in the first year as Annual Investment Allowance, or write it down over the 5 years. You will have to apportion how much you use it for personal though as a percentage, but if you have another car you can probably get away with this

jam-bo

now this is a pickup I would like…

heckler73
    Free Member

yup thats it artist the process you described, like I say im no expert, I just hand accountant a box of paperwork and hope for some money back month later………… 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Finally – new truck….’ is closed to new replies.