Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Finally – new truck….
  • The Acenta used to be called Outlaw, when the top spec was Aventura (now Tekna)

The Outlaw I’m getting is the range topper and only comes with the V6 auto.

Specced up a new one on the Nissan site with the loadliner and canopy – £40,367 inc VAT (£33,639) 😯

This is less than a year old with 11k miles and I’m paying £25k inc VAT (£20,833), so hopefully that’s a good chunk of depreciation out of the way.

If you’d left a little more slope on that Jamie, it would have looked pretty decent. Get it patented 😉

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Looks a decent bike wagon! Any pics of the interior/ dash?

deepreddave
    Free Member

Jamie – send that to Nissan as the STW approved version (OP aside), I reckon they’ll offer you a job!

Jamie
    Free Member

There’s only one way that truck is getting the STW seal of approval….

Northwind

The back looks like they put in a lot of effort to make it massive, then put in a lot more effort to make it effectively smaller.

Jamie – if you’re bored, can you do one leaving the Nissan badge on and de-chrome the bumpers & mirrors, replacing them with gloss black – and maybe the wheels too 😉 Cheers – I’ll buy you a virtual pint…

Jamie
    Free Member

On it…

Haha – perfect, cheers 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Fantastic, thanks pal – what software are you using for all your skilz?

andyl
    Free Member

now that looks much more practical.

Jamie
    Free Member

If you want practical…

shifter
    Free Member

How about a foldy-over roof tent hinging from the box on the back and landing on the cab’s roof bars?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am holding out to see what the new one looks like… really learning to loath my L200 at the moment, but until we eventually move I am stuck with it (everything else is too big to park on my designated space… and anything else that would fit would die a horrible death when being used as a truck is intended to be used!)

I had an early D40 which blew up on a very regular basis – but it drove so nicely that I am willing to give them another go!

5thElefant
    Free Member

I can’t imagine why anybody would buy anything else. That lid is crap though. You’ll need to take both wheels off your bikes to get them in.

Olly
    Free Member

Not for me, but could be worse. i bet there are a few on here who actually went out and handed over real money for a BMW X6.

The big question is “Does the OP have the need to Tow”?

I am holding out to see what the new one looks like

Looks nice and I was thinking the same, but can’t wait and no release date yet – expect a big waiting list too. They won’t be doing the V6 in it either – I’ll be re-mapping this one to 270bhp 😉

That lid is crap though. You’ll need to take both wheels off your bikes to get them in.

Mine’s usually full of tools anyway and I never have anything up against the rear window. On the occasion I do put my bike in, it goes on top of the tools. Emptied it once and had 4 adults, 4 big bikes and a weekends luggage in no problem.

Houns

Ah a Chavara. Driven by fat necked, football shirt wearing, Stella drinking knuckle draggers.

sofatester
    Free Member

Ah a Chavara. Driven by fat thin necked, football shirt cycle jersey wearing, Stella SIS drinking knuckle draggers.

FTFY

burko73

Or often our caravan towing roving Irish entrepreneurs…….

The trucks nice. The canopy makes me feel sick. Shame.

Does the OP have the need to Tow”?

Sometimes, yes – the last one got my 27ft caravan on and off waterlogged campsites the winter before last when working away. Sometimes I’ll tow cable trailers or other plant.

Houns, I don’t fit any of your stereotypes thanks
    😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I would also be in a rush since I am getting 25mpg out of the L200 at the moment, but until we decide where to move to and put things in motion there isn’t much point!

I thought they were doing a V6… shame… not that such things are important to me. Though it will be getting some proper boots on whatever I get 😉 Partially as I have a pathological hatred of Bridgestone Duellers and partially cos road tyres are rubbish on the mud!

bearnecessities

Ah a Chavara. Driven by fat necked, football shirt wearing, Stella drinking knuckle draggers.

I suspect you may not say that to his face.

Man buys pick-up. It’s grey. He’s chuffed and posts a pic on here. I can’t see what’s not to like TBH.

Jamie
    Free Member

I suspect you may not say that to his face.

I think he would, and TAFKA would be ok with it.

bearnecessities

Well in that case, again I misunderstand the dynamics of STW members!

Still, I don’t get all the haterz. It’s a big truck. You can sit in the back and drink beers. It’s grey.

I cannot see anything wrong in this scenario.

konabunny
    Free Member

i can’t see what’s not to like TBH.

the canopy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Where do you put the bikes?

rickmeister

Jamie.. any chance of a faux half timbered Essex style canopy .. ?

heckler73
    Free Member

nice. im swopping my t5 for a barbarian at end of month, time for a change, had vans 10 years, time for some more mid life toys……

Noooo, not an L200….

bikebouy
    Free Member

:lol:Mates at teh sailing club have had the Nevaro thingies and one mate has an L200 (2nd in 2 years) Have to say the Nevaro’s wins, bit bigger, bit more civiliased, and from what I gather nicer to drive.
    Though, both rubbish for carrying Windsurfing gear around

heckler73
    Free Member

From what ive been reading artist its the older ones that were a nightmare , and the nrwer models more reliable , the 5 year warranty suckin me in also … Some navara owners trying to get me to sign up and some say no …

heckler – have a look at the Isuzu D-Max Blade. 5 year 125k warranty, comes with a canopy or roller shutter mountain top, all the toys and gets rave reviews. Way better than the Mitsubishi. I almost ordered one. £24,995 for the manual, £25,995 for the auto, but they will offer a 7% discount and push them for some extras too!

TheDTs
    Free Member

Don’t stick chapter 8 stripes down the sides, get some magnetic ones so you can take them off fat weekends.

Oh don’t worry DT’s, I will – always have magnetic chevrons on the back too

cruzcampo
    Free Member

This is very nice! 😀

cruzcampo
    Free Member

STR what sort of mpg do you get with a 3l V6 and whats the 0-60? I imagine it shifts well?

I’d love one of these, what year are all the bugs ironed out?

Waderider
    Free Member

Or in my case driven by a Civil Engineer jobbing about the Highlands on and offroad.

Had a work Navarra, chucked it because it was crap off road (wheelbase too long and clearances crap), the brake discs kept warping, it couldn’t carry the rated load in the bed without breaking springs, and I looked like a Stella drinking knuckle dragger. The turbo delivery was also peakier than the two trucks below, meaning care was sometimes needed to avoid lighting up the rears when unloaded. Not good on roundabouts.

Replaced it with a Mitsubushi L200, which was better in most respects but slower. However, the L200 was pensioned off after six months and only today I got a brand new Isuzu D-Max. We’ll see how that does, if it is more like the Navara and less like the L200 I’ll be disappointed.

P.S. I can’t understand why anyone would buy any truck for main transport without the need to off road regularly.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Finally – new truck….’ is closed to new replies.