Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Finally Got My Heckler Sorted!
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Finally got it up and running, forks could do with being swapped for something 160ish but these will do for now!

ads678

Sorry, but brown saddle, blue hoses and the wrong forks are all kinds of wrong for me.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Good job its not yours then.

hora
    Free Member

I like that colour combo. A nod to Miami Vice/current.

Btw my carbon road bike has a brown saddle 8)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Great bike, I’ve had 2, regret selling both, looking for another.

Just as good as all the new crap, VPP/taper/10mm/15mm can go **** itself.

ads678

Good job its not yours then

Put a pic of your bike up on the internet, expect honest comments.

I might not like it but that doesn’t mean it’s not a decent bike. When it has the right forks on any way.

timc
    Free Member

Saddle & hose colour not to my tastes either but that matters little when out enjoying it! Have fun 🙂

Speeder

What vintage is that? Doesn’t look anything like the one I had and that’s not just because mine was black.

Only offensive thing I can see is the front brake hose routing – the hose goes on the inside!

gnusmas

It’s a 2006 model heckler, i know as the frame was mine. Glad you got it sorted, enjoy riding it!

Has STW died? 9 posts in and not a mention of the garden/wall combo/warzone. Tsk!

Ignoring the fact that it seems to be leant on some lock-up in Moss Side, it’s not a bike that floats my boat visually, but what the heck if it rides well…

Needs a dropper and I want to rip that front hose off though!

isitafox
    Free Member

Yeah I literally had no idea where to route the front hose, first bike with a seat I’ve had in about 15 years! Like I said, forks are on as that’s what I had, will be swapping for something more suitable as soon as I can afford to.
    As for the background, I live on a farm and that’s one of the barn doors. Was blazing sunshine so I needed to find some shade to take pics in!

ac505
    Free Member

Shocker: mountain bike in muddy environment. what will all the STW purists think.

I like the bike, who cares what colour the saddle is, have fun and enjoy it, Hecklers are great bikes, I too regret selling mine…..

coogan
    Free Member

Gen 2 Hecklers were the best looking ones I reckon. How is the rear brake calliper mounted? I looks to be sticking out quite far from the swing arm?

isitafox
    Free Member

It’s a 180 rotor so using an adapter, that might be why

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Finally Got My Heckler Sorted!’ is closed to new replies.