Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Finally got around to posting pics of my new bike
  • neil853
    Free Member

Got this a couple of months ago and this was it when it was new about to be riden at Glentress.

new bike 9 by 99c5faa01725362d73494aff686e3664, on Flickr

Hope this comes out OK as this is the first time i’ve put a pic up…… 🙄

scruff
    Free Member

Sweet. I like.

neil853
    Free Member

This one as well 8)

new bike 7 by 99c5faa01725362d73494aff686e3664, on Flickr

loddrik
    Free Member

Does anyone really care though, honestly…..?

scruff
    Free Member

loddrik, its an MTB website.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yep, I like that.

mactheknife

scruff – Member

loddrik, its an MTB website.

Exactly, really nice bike u got there neil863

neil853
    Free Member

loddrik

Does anyone really care though, honestly…..?

Classic 🙄

momo

Very nice, tastefully subtle colour accents.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I like it, but what is it? Heckler or Butcher?

stumpy01

Looks nice. ‘Scuse my ignorance but what is it?

Unusual cable routing across the front triangle (below the shock). Is that how it’s designed to be run?

rOcKeTdOg

very nice, i bet you’re not using that rear tyre in the mud now though are you?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Looks like a Blur LT Carbon to me.

loddrik
    Free Member

‘I’ve got a new bike, I must post pics as everyone will be desperate to see it and I can boost my self esteem when everyone says how nice it is….’

🙄 😕

Posting pics in response to a pic request I can understand. But ‘hey let’s all look at my bike’ threads are a bit sad really…

neil853
    Free Member

Yes Loddrik that’s exactly why i did it 🙄 not that i like looking at other bikes and so do other people that appreciate mountain bikes, jog on kid eh.

Unusual cable routing across the front triangle (below the shock). Is that how it’s designed to be run?

I assume so? seemed to be the logical path.

very nice, i bet you’re not using that rear tyre in the mud now though are you?

No i’ve got swampthings on now, although i was amazed how well that set up worked at Glentress.

maxray
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with posting a picture of a new bike. I find it more interesting than reading/getting involved with the usual trollish rubbish!

It might inspire someone else to make (or not) a purchase they have been thinking about, and nice shiny new bikes are nice to look at.

Seems to me you might just be a bit jealous? I am sure if you save up you could get one too 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Posting pics in response to a pic request I can understand. But ‘hey let’s all look at my bike’ threads are a bit sad really…

Look someone has posted a gratuitous pic of their new bike. Quick, I must belittle them in order that I can feel better about myself because my own self esteem is so low, you could use it as a foot stool.

Neil – very nice bike btw – have fun on it.

squiff
    Free Member

I agree with maxray.

Nice bike r kid. Neil that gate needs sorting pic 2 lol. you get the email from Sos about k100?. I have started the training program now lol

tops5
    Free Member

I quite like new bike threads. Wish I was in a postion to start one.

Can’t understand your point of view Loddrik – why spoil anyones new bike joy??

Nice bike Neil – is it a Nickel/Butcher?

loddrik
    Free Member

Maxray, don’t worry about that, my bike is pretty decent, but it won’t be starting any threads anytime soon…

neil853
    Free Member

Blur LTC, admit it looks similar in the new colour.

Squiff, me too! going to text/email soon about a weekend away, watch for an email in the next 30 minutes or so! 8)

squiff
    Free Member

Neil make it quick, am going out on the road bike soon 😀

rOcKeTdOg

No i’ve got swampthings on now, although i was amazed how well that set up worked at Glentress.

GT is Tarmac though compared to natural trails, but you are right i used a Larsen TT in torrential rain there and had no issues with grip

posting a pic of a new bike is all part of the experience of owning one, Loddrick is suffering from a bit of the green eyed monster syndrome i think

Blower
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

GT is Tarmac though compared to natural trails

lol too true.

anyway i like seeing pics of new bikes on here,bike forum that it is.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Neil, what does that weigh? 😳

Si, pity our 575’s are lighter. 😉

K100 lodges, done & a bargin too!

Johnbot
    Free Member

Great looking bike, if I ruin my current frame I will be going for one of those next

pastcaring
    Free Member

what’s the point of a bike forum if you can’t post pics of your new bike.

neil853

looks great, hope it’s making you happy, which is all that matters!

neil853
    Free Member

Sos jealousy is a cruel mistress 😉 have you weighed your 575?

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Yeh, lovely bike mate, you know I’m only messing. My 575 is a just about 29.5lbs btw & I bet Si is about 28lbs with his Mavic SLR’s on.

I also bet you wallet is a lot lighter than mine aswell after buying that! 8)

neil853
    Free Member

With normal/summer tyres on mine is 28.5lbs, which yes to be honest i was a little dissappointed with, it does seem to ride lighter than that mind, or maybe thats because i’m getting fitter i don’t know.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

and your Ransom was HEAVY!!!!!

Nice bike tho. Gosh, these money folk.

Did I tell you I ordered that new 911?

DezB
    Free Member

I say there’s not enough threads of people showing off their new bikes.
    Nice one Neil.

There certainly are too many threads with (insert expletive of your choice)’s responding with the utterly pointless opinion that the thread shouldn’t have been started.

mrcamel
    Free Member

that is lush!!

Bregante

I say there’s not enough threads of people showing off their new bikes.
    Nice one Neil.
    There certainly are too many threads with (insert expletive of your choice)’s responding with the utterly pointless opinion that the thread shouldn’t have been started.

Nicely put. Smart bike that Neil

takisawa2

Nice. Love green bikes.
    And keep up the new bike threads. Love seeing what other folk are riding.

khani
    Free Member

Even if I didn’t like it (which I do) I would feel compelled to join the post and contribute because a troll says nobody is interested in pics of bikes on a bike forum,I could understand if the op posted a pic of some golf bats but it’s a bike, A BIKE, ON A BIKE FORUM, it feels like the trolls are having a competition on here lately 🙄

lowey

Lovely mate. Proper drooling.

brassneck

Is the Blur LT much heavier than the XC? I thought these built into 25lbs though admittedly I’ve only ever looked at the XC.

Lovely bike that. The XC is on my hitlist, but I may need to fake a whiplash injury or something to afford one.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Nice bike Neil853. Very pretty and I like the green!

I think new bike threads are great – why not share the joy and all that!

(Take no notice of loddik, he’s obviously a very sad little man who’s got nothing better to do than try to make other people feel small, either that or he thinks he’s being clever… who cares – just enjoy your bike!)

neil853
    Free Member

brassneck that was my impression as well, when i went onto the bike builder thing on the SC website it said it would be 26lbs. Having said that it does have the joplin, saint brakes and a strong but slightly weighty wheelset on it.

despite it being heavier than i thought i am very pleased with it, it rides so well that i can forgive it the weight.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Finally got around to posting pics of my new bike’ is closed to new replies.