Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Finally finished.. new(to me) stumpy content !
  • renton
    Free Member

Ive finally finished building up my current and hopefully last bike..

Its a 2011 specialized stumpy fsr.

Frame is an American import which was to replace a frame that was warrantied.

running 150mm fox forks and full xt apart from the hope brakes which Im thinking of selling to get some xt brakes anyway !!

Still unsure on the joplin to !!

pics….

one job I need to do on it is adjust the front qr15 thing on the forks? any ideas?

cheers

Steve

sv

Nice bike, one other job – end caps for the bars perhaps? Can’t see if you have them fitted and you don’t want to have to post photos of your bruised stomach…

Edit…:-)

atlaz
    Free Member

I think you mean bar plugs. Bar ends would make it look awful

chakaping
    Free Member

Well looks a bit overgrown.

therealhoops
    Free Member

The ‘Well’ has to go…NOW

renton
    Free Member

Not mine its the wifes !!

binners

Very nice indeedy! When’s it being christened fella?

chakaping
    Free Member

Are those decorative magic mushrooms?

Where are the gnomes?

letmetalktomark

Excuse my ignorance on the matter but what (in laymans terms) does the brain bit of the shock do?

Great looking bike BTW 8)

renton
    Free Member

Im not sure about the brain bit myself tbh !!

I think it is some sort of inertia valve to open and close the rear shock over rough ground !

renton
    Free Member

Binners hopefully going to wang it around the Chilterns tomorrow or Wednesday !!

renton
    Free Member

Any ideas how to adjust the front qr15 thing so I can do the wheel up properly??

tinman66
    Free Member

Great looking bike, nice one.

Certainly on the latest Fox forks they have a numbered cog / wheel on the drive side drop out that you adjust the release lever with.

There should be a small hex screw down near where the axle screws in on the drop out on the drive side. If you undo that and remove the small triangular piece of metal then when you undo the axle you can rotate the small circular wheel and that alters where the lever tightens up.

Hope that makes some sense.

dantsw13

This is the numbered cog Tinman is talking about.

[/url]
    Untitled by danthomassw13, on Flickr[/img]

And this explains it Fox QR15 doc

renton
    Free Member

Cool that’s spot on mate thanks very much!!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I saw this on the other thread, it looks rather nice. After seeing how fast a couple of guys were riding on theirs I really want one now. Do you mind me asking how much the frame set you back?

nick1962
    Free Member

Ive finally finished building up my current and hopefully last bike..

You’re not ill are you?

renton
    Free Member

Mate I got the frame, forks which had had a new crown/steerer and a full service, Joplin post and full xt drive train for a grand

Bearing in mind it had all been used once/twice at the most!!

I sold the black frame to tomaso earlier this year for around £375 and that is a 2010 frame

renton
    Free Member

Nick I’m not ill it’s just I’ve been threatened with divorce if I try and change my bike again

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ah cool, just trying to figure out what is a good price. I’ve been out of the frame buying market for 3 years or so now.

renton
    Free Member

There are a couple of pinkie now.

One the same as mine for £800 and a black xl comp for £400

nick1962
    Free Member

renton – Member

Nick I’m not ill it’s just I’ve been threatened with divorce if I try and change my bike again

I’ve bought three bikes since that ultimatum and she still hasn’t seen a solicitor 😈

I_Ache
    Free Member

£800 just for the frame? Blimey.

renton
    Free Member

I know mate but it is a brand new frame!

dantsw13

I’d say £800 for a new frame is a good price. Most of the main frame only choices(Santa Cruz, Orange, Yeti) start at £1500. The only real sub £1k options are from O-One/Titus.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh new, well that’s different. I thought you ment a second hand one. I will have no problem buying a second hand one when the time comes. £400 for a second hand frame sounds alright to me.

tomaso
    Free Member

Looks strangely familiar :mrgreen:

£400 is tops you want to pay for one of these. I bought Renton’s one earlier this year for £375 and it was very tidy (not any more!). Cheapest I’ve seen one go is £268 for a silver Elite that appear to have some serious paint flaking issues.

Evo ones command £650 updwards depending on age.

They have sold SJ Comps in the sale for £1,250 so bear in mind when buying secondhand not to over do it!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Flakey paint wouldn’t bother me tbh I wouldn’t be adverse to stripping the paint like I have on my enduro. As long as the shock is working ok and it isn’t cracked I would be happy. I better get saving hadn’t I.

renton
    Free Member

If you think the one I sold youbwas clean tomaso then you need to see thus one I have now!!! Minty mint

I would happily pay Upto £550 for the frame I have now as its got the brain shock and is a very late 2011 model!

tomaso
    Free Member

Your old one is distinctly secondhand with lots of scratches, rock strikes and rock grazes. But its got lovely new bearings all round, fancy shock and everything else works. I’ve just hit it with the ugly stick. In fact I need to clean it before Wednesday night!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Finally finished.. new(to me) stumpy content !’ is closed to new replies.