Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Finally booked Les Gets..
  • pedrodelgado
    Free Member

Can anyone advise the best way to get a lift pass for the Portes Du Soleil area.
    Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

Just buy it from the lift office. If you are riding every day it’s probably cheapest/best to get a 7 day lift pass (or however many days). It can be cheaper to buy a load of single tickets, especially if you a riding with a mixed group, but they are only valid locally, the lift pass will cover everywhere.

tinsy
    Free Member

I am jelous…

pedrodelgado
    Free Member

Nice one. Any idea of costs per day/week?

stu1972
    Free Member

Haha,

I thought you’d booked a sought after club singer or comedian 😆

nickjb
    Free Member

23 euro for one day, 92 euro for 6 days. They might have other deals on other numbers of days.

tinsy
    Free Member

I cant beleive you have not done a what tyre thread or what bike to take thread, I feel cheated.

pedrodelgado
    Free Member

Haha. Just for you. What bike and which tyres should I take to les gets? 🙂

makkag
    Free Member

when and where you staying ??? were out for third year this year in morzine in the 21st July – less than 6 weeks .. itching !

pedrodelgado
    Free Member

With the mrs so staying in les gets. No need for nightlife these days!!
    Going on 6 July for 1st time so any tips would be much appreciated!

tinsy
    Free Member

Thank heavens, take some mud tyres & whatever bike you have/want… but the mud tyres is a still a good tip.

bland

Igloo!!!

dantsw13

Last year I ran a Geax Datura UST(High volume mud tyre) even when it was dry in the Alps, on the front and it was absolutely fine!!

Ambrose

Cheapest way is to get a holiday provider to buy it for you, thus you get to cash in on their bulk purchase.

Alternatively, buy an area pass for 6 days. This offers unlimited uplifts across the whole of the PdS region. You can also buy on a daily basis or as I found out last year, you can get a certain number of uplifts, useable on any of the lifts in e.g. Les Gets. Thus, for a variety of reasons, I now have a spare ten uplifts that i will use when I am next there.

Also- try to get hold of a winter pass- you may well get a discount on the summer prices. It is always worth buying the electronic pass, the convenience at the gates as you juggle your bike through is well worth the few uero’s it costs. I’ll happily send you one if you promise to return it asap after use, I have a few spare.

Ambrose

I note a previous thread of yours mentioned you are going for the XC- excellent choice. I can send you a load of *.gpx files if you want. My email is in my profile.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Have a scour of the forums/pinkbike before you go, you may be able to pick up someones season pass who’s had to come home early. Me and a mate got two for £40 a few years ago. Just make sure you’re weearing your full face helmet when you get on the lifts.

anono

thread hijack alert – ambrose – I’m heading to morzine in july – could you email me those gpx files as well?
    cheers
    anono

Ambrose

I need your email first. Mine’s in my profile.

anono

thanks – I’ll get the address over to you.

vinnyeh

Don’t forget, the Pleney is closed/ burnt down for the summer, though I think there’s shuttle buses covering the transit form Morzine to Les Gets.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Finally booked Les Gets..’ is closed to new replies.