Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Finally biting the tubeless bullet
  • verses

I’m wanting to go tubeless but not 100% sure what kit I need.

I have Stans ZTR Crest rims, is this what I need;
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-tubeless-kit-for-hoops-on-stans-ztr/rp-prod49111

I’ll probably get more sealant just to be on the safe side;
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/stans-no-tubes-the-solution-tyre-sealant/rp-prod38850

Cheers,
    V

bencooper
    Free Member

I was expecting more from this thread 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The right tyres 🙂

Some tyres seal better than others. Some advice and recommendations will be on their way I’m sure…

verses

😈

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Rubber Queens UST BC 2.2 sealed first time on flows with a track pump. This was using Yellow tape and tubelss valves.

bails

Yep, you need that kit.

Extra sealant is probably a good idea.

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks like you’re on the right track there. Tubeless tyre inflate really easily on Stan’s rims because the bit where the bead sits is shallow. If, however, you do get stuck then one of those CO2 pumps (buy) will inflate it for you no problems.

verses

Thanks, I’ll get the kit and sealant.

I’ve already got a CO2 pump, but even better than that, I’ve a mate with a compressor 🙂

jairaj

Yep that is all you need. But you can save a few bob by getting the tape and valves from Superstar and just buying the bigger bottle of sealant.

TiRed

Just don’t get Tubeless ready Nobby Nics. Min would not seal, no matter how I tried. The tyres were just too tight ad kept pulling off the rim.

I’m now going to use them for cross riding with cross pro tyres. Might try tubeless as well.

Northwind

I know it’s not allowed on here, but, Superstar have some good tubeless options- roll of tape and 2 valves works out cheaper than Stans last time I checked, works just the same. (their lightweight valves might not be as strong, mind, haven’t broken one yet) Then a bottle of sealant, because those 2 wee bottles don’t go far (having said that it’s useful to have the wee ones as they’re good for sucking sealant out of a tyre when you change it)

molgrips
    Free Member

My Nobby Nics on ZTR were fine. Only Conti Speedking super light paper thin jobbies were hard to seal – they’d go up, but they’d take a few rides to seal properly. They weren’t good tubeless tyres anyway, not enough sidewall support so needed high pressures to stay stable.

Currently got Maxxis Ignitors with some kind of thickened sidewall – sealed fully immediately, stay up really well, and lots of sidewall support.

Generally it seems Stans sealant is the best, it contains fibres to aid the clotting apparently.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Finally biting the tubeless bullet’ is closed to new replies.