Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Finally back on my bike – wet fun at Dalbeattie today
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Trekster and I showed JohnClimer and friends around Dalbeattie today. Not too many photos due to the rain, but it was mainly showers luckily, as opposed to a continual downpour.

Lots of off-piste action, lots of spills, not too many injuries and lots and lots of fun!

The pic below is quite funny, as Trekster's last words to friend Mick were "Just follow behind me, I'll show you the line!" 😀

Dalbeattie really is fabulous when you add in all the hidden gems – we were out for around 4 hours ish.

Diane
    Free Member

Nearly went there today 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi Diane

Ah – that's a shame you couldn't make it. Trekster and I will be doing a Mabie run soon. Maybe in a couple of weeks as I want to get a little fitter first!

Diane
    Free Member

Yeah Trekster is pretty bike fit 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Few more

Weeeeeeee

This didn't go well!

This is the bit I can't do 🙁

Surviving the slip slidey widowmaker, after a few spills, and it wasn't just me who came off on the way down 😀

JC has lots more pics but will let him post ones if he wants.

forge197
    Free Member

Jealous 🙂 Looks fun I spent the day in meetings!!

Trekster

Trekster

PSA; do not try punching granite rock 😳

My excuse for above commical dismount 🙄

Doubt if I will be going to Keilder now 😥

simonralli2
    Free Member

Forge – Hiya – I'll be doing a Mabie ride soon with Trekster, but till then am trying to get fit again. I finished the ride with about one hours of jelly-like exhausted muscles! Am going to give the coastal route and the flattish "Back of Crieffel" rides a goo too some time.

Trekster – wow – that looks a lot worse than it seemed yesterday. Hope it heels soon. I think I must have been lucky when i went down on those rocks. I never realised you went off at that point!!! I totally missed it then as I was down the track waiting to take photos where I was. Sorry for a slightly bad comment then – I'd never really take the pee. Oops. 😳

Can't believe I wok to sunny blue skies after yesterday's downpours! Typical 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

Might be able to a Mabie ride one night next week Simon. Having txt'd Trekster don't think he'd be joining us this week.

Healing thoughts to Trekster.

geoffj

Inspiration there Simon. I really like Dalbeattie, and gj junior thinks that the blue skills/taster loop is the best bike track in Scotland! Must get back down there soon.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Thanks to Simon for the invite and Treksters singlehanded (get it) lead off piste.

There's much more to Dalbeattie than the trails if your shown around by a local.

Trekster

richardgiant
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Finally back on my bike – wet fun at Dalbeattie today’ is closed to new replies.