Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Finale Ligure- when to go and with who?
  • hora
    Free Member

Taking my own bike. When. And tips, who with etc? I need a biking holiday ideally this year 🙂

Tracey

Cheapest way is to camp and use one of the uplift, guiding companies. We stopped on the Tahiti campsite and used Finale Freeride for the uplifts and guiding. Went in August last year and it was hot. Going back at the end of September for some fun and to tie in with Abigale and the EWS. Its a great place to ride.

honourablegeorge

Been 4/5 times with Finale Freeride, good people, recommend them highly

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyrm
    Free Member

+1 for Tahiti – great campsite!

Almost all the EWS and Superenduro tracks (and the transfers to them) are marked out, so look for the red arrows in all directions out of town…… Enjoy!

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

Not exactly Finale but not far away.

Riviera Bike

6 of us went in 2015 and all plan to go back.

hora
    Free Member

Do you take your own tent etc? (Daft question).. If you do which airline is best for weight/kg’s allowance. We glamp you see..

Tracey

No we drove down from Verbier last year and stayed in the camper. Will be drving down again when we go for the EWS.

Grump
    Free Member

I used to do the camping thing, but last few trips have been air bnb. Flats are so cheap there off season and it makes lift much easier. Some inspiration here, as if it’s needed in Finale, awesome place 😀

Edit: There’s some shuttle company links in the post linked above, but they’re all pretty good to be honest.

Monster101

Michael cycle Sheil – think he is on here as quackery is a guide in Garda but does three weeks every year in October in finale with Eze Freeride. Excellent value

hora
    Free Member

Octs weather is perfect riding weather at 19degrees 😀

What’s the best airport? There seems to be a few.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Sleazy Jet to Nice from Liverpool

hora
    Free Member

Airbnb is crazy cheap. Cheers for this.

jk1980
    Free Member

Have been a few times now, great place!

Ride Extreme are the company I’ve used before, have always been very pleased with them. I’ve also booked with the Ultimate Bikeshop before, who will also do shuttling, that’s been good also. Most of the shuttles seem to do similar routes anyway.

Easyjet allows up to 32kgs, so I’ve always done that. It’s super easy to get to finale from Nice, plus it’s a nice drive

nolan
    Free Member

Anyone used a transfer company to get to Finale from Nice or do you hire a car at the airport?

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve always hired a car as I’ve found the transfers to be expensive

Fat-boy-fat

Going a week on Thursday with just ride finale. Super excited. Flying to nice with sleazy. Just ride are transferring us, guiding us, putting us up and providing uplift for a crazy good price. Can’t wait.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did a little write up here…
    http://unduro.co.uk/riding/that-riviera-touch-finale-ligure-and-molini/

Finale Freeride were OK. Punctual and you get a fair bit of riding. Guides not as professional as some outfits, but the organisation is pretty tight.

Their exclusive “Defender Tour” would be an excellent was to start a week there.

godzilla
    Free Member

Bookmarking this thread

hora
    Free Member

Thanks for that chakaping. The vid is great but…is that walkway bit optional?!? I’d be a gibbering wreck!

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s a ride from Molini. It is compulsory, but it’s literally just the little bit in the pic.

nasher
    Free Member

That ride is called ‘Il Padrino’ the daddy of all rides, there is a feature on it in the magazine a few issues back

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Finale Ligure- when to go and with who?’ is closed to new replies.