Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Finale Ligure – Ride Extreme
  • jk1980
    Free Member

Hi,

Theres a company called Ride Extreme (http://www.ride-extremefinaleligure.com/) and I just wondered if anyone has had experience using them for uplifts in Italy?

Specifically I’m keen to know if the bike is secured properly in transit, or whether its one of these companies who don’t care and damage your bike.

Thank you

jk1980
    Free Member

Anyone?

stim
    Free Member

They are probably the biggest uplift operator in Finale (going by the number of their vans I saw when I was last there). There are many operators and they all have a similar trailer system to those used in UK. I wouldn’t worry too much about bike damage, it seems you can load and unload your bike yourself anyway.

jk1980
    Free Member

Great, thank you.

Whilst I’m on the subject, is there enough in Finale to warrant taking a DH bike? Although I’d happily take my trail bike, I’m going with my brother who wants to take the DH bikes. Just wondering if that would be overkill for Finale?

stim
    Free Member

Plenty of people use DH bikes there, however I have only ever used my Genius and would probably never bother to take a DH bike. Best bike for there is a 150-170 bike with slack angles, strong wheels and DH tyres (if you are uplifting). The trails are not so extreme as to need a big bike and damn they are fun on a smaller bike, plus you often need to pedal around a little bit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Finale Ligure – Ride Extreme’ is closed to new replies.