• This topic has 118 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Final Top Gear 20.00 BBC2 tonight, Featuring the Clarkson, May and Hammond
  • Drac

I’m sure those upset at them getting rid of Jezza will be pleased to see you’re in good company

Yes a little bit of me died when I seen that. 😥

It also upsets me that they appear so ignorant and brain dead. Why knock over year old dry stone walls, snap off branches and smash up perfectly good classic motors?

The Dry stone wall was staged did you see the state of it compared to proper built side, I guess you didn’t. Yes and breaking a branch off a dead tree is terrible. The cars were bangers that they did up probably fit for scrap.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sad it went out with a whimper and not a bang – last nights show was pretty poor left-overs and it showed – but it’s best years were behind it IMHO.

I know a lot of die-hard fans are still upset he got sacked, but it had to be done, you just can’t go hitting people in the workplace (or anywhere else for that matter) and expect not to be reprimanded – and he was already on his final, final warning.

Still, TG fans have never had it so good – you’ll get 2 versions now, one with Chris Evans on the BBC and one with the original 3 on ITV / Netflix or whathaveyou – neither will be the same, but they could be better.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

last nights show was pretty poor left-overs and it showed

That’s very observant of you. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lol we knew that from the 2 man intro with zero enthusiasm, still 3 blokes I’d love to have a beer with

chewkw
    Free Member

Did not watch it as the mood is no longer there. They were good with occasional boring episode but that’s predictable.

IdleJon

captainsasquatch – Member
    last nights show was pretty poor left-overs and it showed

That’s very observant of you.

The point being that those two films were to be used in the final two episodes of the series, so while looking like stale left-overs they were actually meant as fresh entertainment. I’d guess, the next series would have looked identical if Clarkson hadn’t thrown his punch.

brakes
    Free Member

They also trashed 3 4×4’s (4 if you include the Kia) , 4 caravans, a drystone wall, a windsurfer, whatever else was on the roof racks, several fishing rods, a Fiat 124 and the ford.

none of which are ridden by vulnerable road users.
    I’m far from a crusader for road safety but it’s quite easy to see how Top Gear could influence people’s attitudes towards people on bikes. especially the morons of this world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m far from a crusader for road safety but it’s quite easy to see how Top Gear could influence people’s attitudes towards people on bikes. especially the morons of this world.

edit#
    The ran over one bike dissing the SUV crowd – fair enough
    one when the rolled 3 cars down a quarry
    the other wheel was used to try and unbog a 4×4, best of what May had

grum
    Free Member

Top Gear/Clarkson help generally promote the twatty motorist-is-always-right anti-cyclist attitude. Clarkson has ranted about in the press before I believe. It’s not just one thing taken in isolation is it. Pretty obvious unless you’re a fanboy.

Just gutted. What a waste. They should have just killed it off. The bbc don’t have a clue if they think Evans & whoever can follow them. Just a big empty space now. Sundays will never be the same. Angry, sad. They didn’t even let it go out with dignity. ****

I really hope this was a pisstake because otherwise you must lead a desperately dull life.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Top Gear/Clarkson help generally promote the sort of twatty motorist-is-always-right anti-cyclist attitude.

The 2 bits on cycling through cities with hammond were actually really good bits of Pro cycling and the dangers of other road users to cyclists. Cretins are cretins without top gear

paulosoxo
    Free Member

More importantly, did you see the house that Hammond was banging on the windows of? That’s Eden at Broughton hall and we stayed there for a week last summer and it was effing awesome!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Evans is a very clever presenter. He would be too clever to get into the trouble Clarkson did.

However that doesn’t mean it will be stale. Evans has a history of using the right type of guests to cause the uproar for him. He just sits back and throws in the fuel.

The one that worries me is the other presenter. Hammond and May came across a little less controversial but they were the set up men who lined Clarkson up for the punchline. Whatever that blonde haired girl is that is being touted for the job, she is no better than a cardboard cutout.

I will watch, because Evans has the touch of a genius and may make it work. It will take some rather clever production and guests but I don’t think it will be stale.

Lets just wait and see

grum
    Free Member

Cretins are cretins without on top gear

FTFY.

So when they act like idiots about cycling it’s inconsequential, but when they do something good you give them a pat on the back. Classic fanboy blinkers on there.

I don’t mind Chris Evans personally – I might give the new show a go. If the show is less based around cringey ‘banter’ between middle-aged Daily Mail readers in front of a sycophantic audience it might actually be alright.

The challenge/travel/car bits on Top Gear were usually pretty well-filmed and produced.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

The final show was entertaining in the first half and repetitive in the second. I can only imagine top gear will be morph into tfi gear when it is on air.

jools182
    Free Member

Well I laughed a lot

Looks like I’m a cretin

ninfan
    Free Member

However that doesn’t mean it will be stale. Evans has a history of using the right type of guests to cause the uproar for him. He just sits back and throws in the fuel.

I dunno, that TFI interview with Lewis missed the mark so badly that I think his ‘fuel’ got replaced with fire retardant foam!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So when they act like idiots about cycling it’s inconsequential, but when they do something good you give them a pat on the back. Classic fanboy blinkers on there.

Replace cycling with half a dozen other words then you have STW

squirrelking
    Free Member

middle-aged Daily Mail readers

The irony.

If you’re gonna throw insults about at least get it right, DM are probably happier than you lot that it’s ending…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Replace cyclists with sailors, road with water and SUV with motorboat/jetski and you pretty much get the same argument. Jetskiers/powerboaters even tend to drive SUV’s, and sailors have the same inverse snobbery that the boat behind on the trailer should always be worth several times more than the car. You’re being over sensitive.

He reverse over a bike rack, they’ve made the same clichéd joke year after year reversing into cars, walls, antiques, quarries, etc.

mt
    Free Member

I think these threads are ace. I do hope the terminally offended don’t mind but over the years its pretty much been a laugh, good bits, bad bits and mostly entertainment. However lets see what the carrot top can do, if he can provide enough laughs then good on him. Given that I mostly watch TG when am doing me ironing on a wet afternoon (thanks Dave), the repeats need to be as good as the out going team, ironing can be pretty boring without TG or a good western or war film.

brakes
    Free Member

they’ve made the same clichéd joke year after year reversing into cars, walls, antiques, quarries, etc.

I don’t think I’m being sensitive – this is just one of the many ways that cycling is negatively portrayed to the masses that in turn impacts the views of the impressionable viewers and how they react to cyclists in the real world.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

On the basis of this thread, I had better download and watch on the way home.

tomhoward

Sure flashy?

IdleJon

^^ Evans getting out of the passenger seat. Is it Nick Mason driving? 😀 . (Before I get dragged in – I don’t care who it belongs to.)

I once saw a 250 GTO at a roundabout near Richmond. (Must be about 25 years ago.) I always liked to think that a) it was real, not a replica, and b) Nick Mason must have been driving it. I’ve no idea why I decided that.

Drac

Chris has a series II in black. He sold his series I.

chewkw
    Free Member

Evans can drive whatever he likes or drive the fastest car in the world whatever but it’s not the same coz it’s like saying Jeremy Clarkson should be the next Chemical Brothers innit … 😆

convert

Sure flashy?

The owner of that car is well know to even non car nerds like me – it ain’t Chris Evans.

IdleJon

Drac – Moderator
    Chris has a series II in black. He sold his series I

I had to google that – I didn’t realise there were later series. BUT, I found that it may well have been Mr Mason that I saw. The power of the internet – sadly lacking in the early 90s.

mefty
    Free Member

He sold his series I

He sold two 250 GTs to pay for the GTO not a GTO, one of them he took a bath on because it didn’t have the original engine.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

More importantly, did you see the house that Hammond was banging on the windows of? That’s Eden at Broughton hall and we stayed there for a week last summer and it was effing awesome!

I’m somewhat confused as to why it took Hammond so long to get from ‘the wrong house’ to the hall. It’s only a few hundred yards away!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m somewhat confused as to why it took Hammond so long to get from ‘the wrong house’ to the hall. It’s only a few hundred yards away!

I think that was just a bit of theatre. 🙂

mitsumonkey
    Free Member
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Excellent way to pass a commute! Great fun especially the totally unsubtle bits, bravo!

hilldodger
    Free Member

…The brakes have been put on plans for Jeremy Clarkson to take a new motoring show to ITV after it was revealed his old BBC contract stops him making a rival car show on another UK channel.

A clause in his deal with the corporation stops Clarkson and co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond from working on a similar show for two years.

shame 😆

richmars

…The brakes have been put on plans for Jeremy Clarkson to take a new motoring show to ITV after it was revealed his old BBC contract stops him making a rival car show on another UK channel.
    A clause in his deal with the corporation stops Clarkson and co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond from working on a similar show for two years.
    shame

Not sure how water tight these clauses are.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Netflix isn’t a UK channel. What is a similar show? The lawyers will be on this already

Klunk
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Restraint of trade?

Drac

They didn’t renew his contract.

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Final Top Gear 20.00 BBC2 tonight, Featuring the Clarkson, May and Hammond’ is closed to new replies.