• This topic has 118 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Final Top Gear 20.00 BBC2 tonight, Featuring the Clarkson, May and Hammond
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Mucho Likeo.

Hammond on the plane was hilarious.

I’ll miss it.

craig5

Just gutted. What a waste. They should have just killed it off. The bbc don’t have a clue if they think Evans & whoever can follow them. Just a big empty space now. Sundays will never be the same. Angry, sad. They didn’t even let it go out with dignity. ****

joshvegas
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    It’s going to be like those crazy teenage years where you split up with a love, and then have one final boff.
    Maybe.

Was that supposed to stop in my teens?

Didn’t get that memo!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Thread needs more chewkw

Gary_C

The Broughton Hall bit was very staged; I know the hall and its grounds very well, could tell where they’d cut the film and edited certain sequences just based on where the cars and tyre tracks were.

** NERD ALERT!!*

🙄

hora
    Free Member

I liked last nights- a glimpse into episodes of the past. Then it got silly again.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Crazy legs – sorry to disappoint you now, but the whole thing as been staged from day 1 🙄

Some genuine funny bits last night, and real sense of an end to an era, and a chapter of television history being written.

Shame it’s gone, but maybe it was time…

hilldodger
    Free Member

Just a big empty space now. Sundays will never be the same

A joke surely, plese tell me that’s a joke !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the classic car thing was a bit lame, one of those bits that would fill up a more studio/track based show. The Off road up yours to the SUV lifestyle brigade could only have been improved by making them do it in VW vans 😉 Good solid fun and piss taking, entirely staged (probably with the exception of the caravan racing) laughed and enjoyed it. Hopefully more to come on Netflix. Will be interesting to see how Chris Evans and the newbies cope. Will probably watch that too.

epicyclo

Watched about ¾ of it. It lacks its spark without Clarkson. Doubt I’ll watch the new version, I’m not that keen on cars, but the old show brought out my inner hoon.

Caravan race and Hammond on a plane were good.

The elephant in the room was a nice touch for the studio segment. Hammond and May seemed pretty flat for that bit. 🙂

Drac

Crazy legs – sorry to disappoint you now, but the whole thing as been staged from day 1

I’m sure he’s going to be shocked by your revelation.

Some great bits but the ‘race’ to the hall dragged on a bit too long. My daughters were absolutely howling with laughter at the caravan racing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Didn’t realise it had a name

Also visible in the studio was the “elephant in the room”, a 10ft plastic replica elephant from a Hull design company which the show’s makers borrowed, called Jeremy.

hora
    Free Member

Watched about ¾ of it. It lacks its spark without Clarkson. Doubt I’ll watch the new version, I’m not that keen on cars, but the old show brought out my inner hoon.

Caravan race and Hammond on a plane were good.

The elephant in the room was a nice touch for the studio segment. Hammond and May seemed pretty flat for that bit.

I agree with all that you said apart from I’m very keen on cars and the most recent episodes turned me off as they appealled to none-car fans (as proven with your comment!).

Hammond & May gave an insight into the future. It’ll be very flat with any new presenter. A cock though he is, Clarkson has character.

At the start of the show I was cringing, it was like watching an alternative universe complete with an evil Hammond.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

caught the last half, so it seems I didn’t miss the best bits

so, moving to netflix, you say?

Drac

I agree with all that you said apart from I’m very keen on cars and the most recent episodes turned me off as they appealled to none-car fans (as proven with your comment!).

Well as a car fan I enjoyed them so really it proves nothing other than you didn’t like Top Gear, last nights was just about their silly moments as they film the car review scenes nearer transmission date.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks like they’re off to itv.
    At the same time as the ginger dickward Evans does his new Top Gear Show..

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/28/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-rival-show-chris-evans_n_7680954.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

all the other rumours say Netflix, ITV would be a minefield not least because of the sponsorship/partnering requirement, advertisers and vested interest. ITV doesn’t do risk.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

making a point of squashing several bikes with cars

Do you not think you are being a bit over-sensitive?

Do you imagine there are folk on some sailing forum; throwing their hands up in impotent rage because a Hobie Cat was biffed against a bollard?

Drac

ITV doesn’t do risk.

You’ve never Celebrity Juice then?

rocketman
    Free Member

I liked it I thought it was great

Inbred456
    Free Member

I for one will miss sitting with my 12 yr old son and listening to him laughing his head off at their silly japes. It gave him something to look forward to before school on a Monday. It was never for us but for our kids to sit and chuckle at and for us to just enjoy the look on their faces. A lot of people on this forum kind of missed the point a wee bit.

brakes
    Free Member

Do you not think you are being a bit over-sensitive?

Do you imagine there are folk on some sailing forum; throwing their hands up in impotent rage because a Hobie Cat was biffed against a bollard?

hardly impotent rage – just a mild comment but yes I think sailing folk would be a bit like that, but that’s not the point.
    cars squishing bikes with people on is a very really problem and bad attitudes to people on bikes are only propagated by things like this.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Neither a lover nor a hater, only caught last half but it showed how tired it is; arse and nob gags, caravan racing and trashing, dropping comically modified cars into quarries. Watching it on BBC2 was like watching it on Dave, if you didn’t see the car registrations you’d be hard pressed to identify which year it’d been made in.

A massive money spinner for the BBC so happy for it to effectively subsidise my licence fee, and obviously waiting for Clarkson’s imminent contract end to come around was easier than sacking him, but I won’t miss it. Interested to see what Chris Evans does with it, and how much it follows the established/exhausted format.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

hardly impotent rage – just a mild comment but yes I think sailing folk would be a bit like that, but that’s not the point.

No, no we’re not (just checked on SA and Y&Y forums to be sure).

They also trashed 3 4×4’s (4 if you include the Kia) , 4 caravans, a drystone wall, a windsurfer, whatever else was on the roof racks, several fishing rods, a Fiat 124 and the ford.

badnewz
    Free Member

Last night’s episode demonstrated how tired the format has become, so in a way Jezza was right to throw in the fist when he did.

tyrionl1
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    No, no we’re not (just checked on SA and Y&Y forums to be sure).

+1 of course we’re not, it was a Cat, they don’t count as a sailing craft and the other was a Mirror dinghy and Hammond was playing the thirty year old joke tv presentercan’twindsurf, not that funny, certainly not as funny as the plane section which bought tears to my eyes, hilarious.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

cars squishing bikes with people on is a very really problem and bad attitudes to people on bikes are only propagated by things like this.

Back up there, Columbo! That’s a big leap, isn’t it?

How does rolling a car downhill with a BSO on the roof possibly encourage that?

almightydutch
    Free Member

I laughed lots and almost cried with the caravan racing. Very sad day IMO.

Brakes, steady on mate, its satirical TV meant to cause offence to as many demographics as possible…..its hardly going to cause anyone to go out and deliberately run someone over.

Bring on Gingernuts, cant wait to see what he has to do. I very much like him as a TV presenter, not so much his radio show but he’s always been wanting to do edgier TV than most, will force BBC’s hand about it but without needing to resort to violence to achieve this.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bring on Gingernuts, cant wait to see what he has to do.

Will be interesting to see him sitting in a car half full of cold water in the dark in winter and seeing the funny side 😉 Regardless of how contrived it was Clarkson/May/Hammond were generally up for anything and got on with it (Argentina) when they had to.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My sailing mates don’t watch Top Gear. All they do on a Sunday nights is travel back home with boats in tow on the back of their 4×4/Estates.

None of them would be bothered by the small sailing sequence other than seeing the Hobie scoot off down the lake.

HTH.

aracer
    Free Member

Well apart from having salad rather than steak for their tea, obviously.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and as Jezza proved he was right up for it and got stuck in to it/him/them

aracer
    Free Member

I’m sure those upset at them getting rid of Jezza will be pleased to see you’re in good company

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/615236324652617728

mikewsmith
    Free Member

aracer – for what he did he had to go. No defense.
    BUT he did make very good and popular TV.

Also People can be opposed to Christianity without being in good company with ISIS (which I assume is on par with being in good company with thingy Hopkins)

aracer
    Free Member

Gosh no, having the same opinion as ISIS is far more defensible.

dragon
    Free Member

Only caught the last half an hour and it was pretty cliched and dull. In our house we actually thought it was a repeat initially. Needs a refresh fast, whether the Ginger one can do it only time will tell.

alpin
    Free Member

I’m glad it is over.

The format is old and tired. Once upon a time it was fresh and funny, now it is far too predictable and staged.

It also upsets me that they appear so ignorant and brain dead. Why knock over year old dry stone walls, snap off branches and smash up perfectly good classic motors?

Would be happy if the new format is more about cars and motoring and not some “comedy” set up based on three people’s rather jaded opinions.

convert

Just watched it. Great testament edition as to why it was timely for it to be gone/rebooted irrespective of Clarkson’s moment of madness. Passable ‘non challenging’ telly (nothing wrong with that) taken on its own but when you reflect how similar it was to so much else they have done, it offered nothing new.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why knock over year old dry stone walls, snap off branches and smash up perfectly good classic motors?

If you haven’t knocked bit off some stone walls in a hurry in the mud you’ve not been farming 😉 apart from tearing up some fields nothing was that bad.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I am sure the landowners were happy with the rectification/recompense of any damage done by the Beeb.

As for the ‘classic motors’, was it the Frontera or the Jeep you had your eye on?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Final Top Gear 20.00 BBC2 tonight, Featuring the Clarkson, May and Hammond’ is closed to new replies.