Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Final Cut express and MPEG2 issues – help please?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Folks

I now have an Apple Macbook and Final Cut Express. I am ghaving difficulty playing videos from my Sony Handycam which produces MPEG2 files (I think).

I have purchased for £15 the extension from Apple store (www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2) and have loaded that up. I can now play the files and they do play but without sound.

Do any video experts out there know how I can get sound? My apple is making other sounds such as opening windows etc.

Many thanks for any help

Simon

cakerider

No expert but do you have a red (or other colour line) above the timeline at the bottom – this has happened to me before.

If this is the case you need to render the clip.

Sequence > Render Selection.

Hopefully this will do it.

Pook

apple a, apple r. Try that first.

EDIT: simon, just noticed it was you. Trying to get Ed out on Dec 5th if you're about

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers folks

I have rendered the clip and it now has a purple line under it. But still no sound. Any ideas?

Pook – I am in Devon right now so wont make the ride.

Pook

of course. you said that before!

cbike
    Free Member

mpeg streamclip will convert to DV for FC after a bit of trial and error and will play back without rendering.

Check sample rate is 44.1khz in sequence settings. canvas size is important too. It never seems to be consistent either even from the same camera.

Check FC is using the right soundcard internal or USB/FW if youve got one.

Every manufacturer seems to have HD files that are different. Some are not even "real" HD.

I gave up and have reverted to tape. It Last's longer for archive purposes too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Final Cut express and MPEG2 issues – help please?’ is closed to new replies.