Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Films You've Walked Out Of..
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

The original Baron Munchausen is the only film I have ever walked out of.

I feel bad cos I've sat through much worse.

Many of the above are OK, though some are dreadful

Creg

What was that one about the yank billionaire who built the Spruce goose(flew it 10 yards and went home).Now theres a proper pile of dog dooda – 3 hrs we sat through it.The worst of it was,the place was packed and I did'nt have the balls to walk out.Did have an overriding impression tho,that if I did,it might have started a trend.The thought of this film still gives me the horrors! – Oh aye,now I remember,Howard Huwwey was'nt it?

The Aviator?

I didnt see it at the cinema but I did get it on DVD (cheap thankfully). Its now being used as a coaster before I turn it into a frisbee for the neighbours dog.

I havnt walked out of the cinema (if Ive paid for it then Ill watch it to get my moneys worth) but I have been close. Stepbrothers springs to mind.

Had to struggle to watch a few dvds all the way through and turned quite a few off…What Happens In Vegas was one, Blue Velvet was another..both utter shite IMO

bri-72

The guru wi mike myers. WAs half cut but that didn't ease the pain. Awful. Lasted 30 mins.

odannyboy
    Free Member

oh brother where art tho

so random
    turned the dvd off and sh@@@ed the wife. oh well every cloud… 😆

zaskar
    Free Member

robgarrioch – Member
    Films really are a matter of taste aren't they; quite a few up there ^^ I don't mind, & many in the 'favourites' thread you couldn't pay me to see.

+1

samuri
    Free Member

The body guard with Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner.

Yeah, us too, it was awful.

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Crash. What a load of poo.

stof41
    Free Member

eyes wide shut.
    biggest load of shite ever – FACT

iamtheresurrection

singletrackmind – Member
    Starship Troopers.
    What a big pile of steaming turd.

Wash your mouth out.

Hate walking out of movies (it takes me ages to eat popcorn), but left half a tub with ease half way through The Producers. Not even Uma could keep me in my seat.

Drac

Contact, jesus that dragged out.

Funny though some good films posted by some.

robgarrioch

I enjoyed 'There Will Be Blood', but 2 guys walked after 10 mins after laughing uproariously at him falling down the mine-shaft….??

Might have been the complaints from the rest of the audience, mind.

Drac

The 2 guys had taste that's about the bet bit of the whole film.

tazzymtb

got dragged to see mamma mia….jesus wept I'd rather have shaved my eyeballs and then chucked aftershave in 'em than sit through even 10 minutes of that steaming pile 😀

AlasdairMc

I've walked out of

Battlefield Earth
    The Yards – all I remember was Mark Wahlberg and pish
    Cloverfield – I lasted as long as I could to see if the nauseous feeling was worth it. It wasn't

I very nearly walked out of 2012, but I really wanted to see if it could out-turd its earlier abominations. It did

Onzadog
    Free Member

Heat. just didn't seem to go anywhere.
    Guest House Paradiso, half hour of bottom might be funny but it foesn't work as a film.
    Didn't walk out of but fell asleep to the first couple of Batman films.
    Didn't walk out because the wife's work hired the cineam and we were sat near her boss but Lord of the Rings bored me. By the end of that, i couldn'y give two sh**s about any chuffing ring.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Traffic, boooring, shoudl have realised it was poo when the cinema was virtually empty!
    Adaption, oh god, i think i fell asleep watching this. Tedious.
    Didn't leave either of them, even though it really should. Too tight to waste money….

Creg

Didn't walk out because the wife's work hired the cineam and we were sat near her boss but Lord of the Rings bored me. By the end of that, i couldn'y give two sh**s about any chuffing ring.

I couldnt sit through any of those films. Never went to the cinema to see them but friends and family have got them on DVD…been bored rigid after 30 mins

atlaz
    Free Member

The Doors. Self-indulgent ****. 10 of us went to see it, two lasted the full length, and mostly because they were tight northerners. We spent the extra couple of hours in the pub next door.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Lost In Translation – that was a waste of a Sky Box Office £3.50
    more recently The Boat That Rocked – mildly amusing I suppose, but again a waste of SBO money.

I tend not to go to the cinema so don't get the option of walking out, but as mentioned above, anything with Nic Cage in is going to be poor.

Mrs_drummer's sister bought us a DVD copy of Mamma Mia. That has to be the worst thing I have ever ever ever seen. I hated Abba beforehand but now, jeez…

samuri
    Free Member

singletrackmind – Member
    Starship Troopers.
    What a big pile of steaming turd.

Yeah, that made me laugh too. As was suggested earlier, people's tastes are clearly so far divided. I though starship troopers was hilarious. Laughed pretty much from start to finish.

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

The Wicker Man (newer version). Hmm Nick Cage again. The original is a classic. The American Version is complete shite.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Only film I've ever walked out of was Boogie Nights. Not even the abundant naked flesh saved it.

freddyg
    Free Member

+1 boogie nights (or shall we call it boogie shites?). Although technically, we didn't walk out.

Me and MrsG went with another couple. In the pub afterwards, we were talking about the film…. It transpired that the other couple (Mr & Mrs A) wanted to walk out, but didn't want to spoil the film in-case we were enjoying it. Mr & Mrs G were thinking the same.

Please can I have that 90minutes of my life back? Please?

will
    Free Member

Again, not walked out, but a few recent ones which I have fallen a sleep in:
    – Gamer
    – House Bunny (WTF…worst film ever?)

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Haven't actually left, but gone to sleep a few times

Missed a good 80% of Gorky Park and about 75% of The Deer Hunter

Never been so bored, total cackfest the pair of em

cp

If I hadn't been stuck in the middle of the row, I'd have left 2012 last night.

What a shockingly bad film!!! It's the only one I've ever thought about actually walking out of.

Shinythings
    Free Member

Obviously it's all totally subjective and I would vehemently disagree with 50% of posters- Baron Munchausen for example; both versions were genious- and side with the other 50%, but one actor has me switching off, leaving or instantly looking for something else to do….. Adam Sandler; how on earth, WTF, what?, how?, why?, how did he even get to be an actor let alone a superstar????!!!

westkipper
    Free Member

Of course IT IS subjective, This is different from a 'worst films' thread. Its films that for often individual, slight reasons we've been annoyed with enough to walk out.
    For instance lots of half decent films have been made from books but invariably those people who read the book despise the results- Trainspotting is good example in my case.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I really should have walked out of "2012" last night

DrJ

Agree – films are subjective. But Crash, Lost in Translation, and Blue Velvet are objectively ace.

Fabulous Baker Boys however, is a load of toss and I left after about 20 minutes.

tootin

jees, 2012 wasn't all that bad, OK the stupid "just made it over a huge gap in a caravan" was annoying to say the least. But the effects were quite something.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Drag me to Hell, thankfully the tickets were freebies, as i would of been wholeheartly pished if i had to pay for it. Horror movie by numbers and not the good sort at that!!!!! Boring and predictable. Also on another slant i have never seen The Shawshank Redemption despite owning a copy, much to the general annoyance of several serious movie geek mates.

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

I haven't walked out of anything (I don't go to the cinema that often), but like a few others the DVD player's been switched off once or twice:

Mama Mia, saw this at the Student's union with a few friends (it was free entry and there was supposed to be something good afterwards, though it was dull enough that I can't remember what). The only thing that saved my mind was a few pints of Brains from the bar. I had a similar experience with "what happens in Vegas," but the Union redeemed itself with the newer Hulk film straight afterwards.

Life Aquatic, advertised as a comedy, didn't laugh even once. Complete drivel.

Too many romcoms with rubbish/similar plots to name

shortcut

Broken Flowers is probably the worst. The Fisher King sent me to sleep in 5 minutes and there is something else that i have forgotten.

Oh and Jackie Brown is something I have not got past 20 minutes of on DVD.

I liked 2012 – a bit far fetched but the effects were good and the story line was OK ish.

Kahurangi

Nothing I've walked out of – I'll always do some research before shelling out that much. As for renting – I've switched off Botched, I can blame my brother for choosing that. He also rented Role Models. Even worse but we finished that!

kennyp
    Free Member

Didn't walk out, but I did fall asleep watching The Sheltering Sky. Utter drivel.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Alexander. absolute pish

Aristotle
    Free Member

The only film I've walked out of:

The Boat That Rocked

Absolutely and totally awful in every single way.

I should have walked out of Quantum of Solace, but, as an act of extreme masochism, stayed.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Another one I wish I would have left but didn't was the steaming pile of shite 300.
    What an utter joke. When the welsh hunchback came on screen I knew it was all over 😡

ex-pat
    Free Member

I've never seen "2001 A Space Odyssey" all the way through, always fall asleep. I've tried a few times too.

Went with the other half to watch The Nutcracker (the ballet shiat). She was most upset that I fell asleep within 5 minutes of it – woke me several times before giving up. When I awoke some time later she was also asleep.
    Not money well spent, and no culture gain either.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Films You've Walked Out Of..’ is closed to new replies.