Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Films that deserve the title "waste of electricity & oxygen"
  • corroded
    Free Member

Far too many to list… including many mentioned already. I'll add The Dark Knight.

Harry_the_Spider

I quite enjoyed Death Race.

😳

MrAgreeable

Can't believe The Mummy hasn't been mentioned yet. People must be blotting it from their memories or something.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Dune

book was ok but the film was a big pile of dross

Tim
    Free Member

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

sooooo painful 🙂

I wanted to hate the Dark Knight, but actually thought it was ace – Heath Ledger was brilliant in it

Mark

Far too many to list… including many mentioned already. I'll add The Dark Knight.

Good illustration of how it seems to be beyond some to be able to distinguish objectively a poor film from one that they just didn't like

JPcapel
    Free Member

In at No 1>

Crank 2

If only I could recover that 2 hrs of my life.
    Would guess written by an 18yr old virgin desparate to get laid.
    So bad, it almost does complete circle and becomes good again-but doesn't.
    Man it sucked.
    If however you haven't seen it, don't let me review but you off of course.

crazy-legs

I found Transformers (the recent one) totally and utterly rubbish.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good illustration of how it seems to be beyond some to be able to distinguish objectively a poor film from one that they just didn't like

I agree that there ought to be a distinction to be made, but I'm not sure how one makes it? Is it a "been to film school" thing?

Transformers, definitely lousy. Big Lebowski, don't know, I like it, amny clearly don't. Is it "objectively" good, or not? 🙂

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Michael Bay…

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Quentin Tarantino…

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Toy/video game adaptations…

KILL EVERYBODY INVOLVED WITH FIRE!

The Wayans Brothers…

KILL THEM WITH FIRE!

Adam Sandler…

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

50% of Kevin Costners output…

HALF KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Roland Emmerich…

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Arnold Schwarzenegger…

TERMINATE IT WITH FIRE!

Tom Cruise…

Brittany Murphy…

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Keanu Reeves…

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Sex Lives Of The Potato Men/Charlie's Angels/Ecks Vs Sever/The Day After Tomorrow/Pearl Harbour/Grotesque/The Core/Superman Returns/American Foreign Film Ripoffs/Historical revisionism…

M Night Shyamalamadamadingdong…

KILL IT WITH A TWIST OF FIRE!

👿 👿 👿 👿 👿

[and relax]

MrAgreeable

Is it a "been to film school" thing?

If you'd been to film school you'd be able to pick apart the techniques the Coen Brothers used, the holes in the plot, the derivative setup (borrowed entirely from a Raymond Chandler novel apparently, although I read The Big Sleep quite recently and it never occurred to me that the two were related in any way) and basically squeeze all the fun out of it – just like smug dullards delight in doing with the likes of Quentin Tarantino.

So no, it's not a "been to film school" thing. IME they are the kind of people who defend The Phantom Menace. 🙂

DickBarton

Borat…after 15 minutes I wanted to get my money back – wife made me sit there and shut up until it finished…I slept through it instead…utter tripe!

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

IMDB

Bacall Blasts Twilight Vampires

Screen legend Lauren Bacall is urging vampire fans to check out 1920s horror movies – because the Twilight blood-suckers pale in comparison to classic monsters.

The Hollywood veteran sat down to watch the 2008 blockbuster to check out the cinematic craze her grandchildren were so excited about.

But she was disappointed after watching the movie, starring hunk Robert Pattinson, and sat her granddaughter down to give her a lesson in frightening films.

Bacall writes on her Twitter.com page, "Yes, I saw Twilight – my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever. After the 'film' was over I wanted to smack her across her head with my shoe, but I do not want a (tell-all) book called Grannie Dearest written on me when I die. So instead I gave her a DVD of Murnau's 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu and told her, 'Now that's a vampire film!'

😀

tragically1969
    Free Member

Has anybody mentioned Be Kind Rewind ? or for that fact anything with Jack Black in it ?

wormhole

9mm + Nicholas Cage = crap film with really really bad actor…SH1t

DrJ

Da Vinci Code is utter shite, but it is utter shite with Audrey Tautou in it, so well worth watching.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Fargo

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

So many many many things I've overlooked.

😯

This unending craptacular overflow of sh*te from Hollyweird…KILL IT ALL WITH FIRE.

From orbit. It's the only way.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

BlingBling – Member

Fargo

You sure !?!

Gilles

Fargo? you need to be banned from this forum.

white101

Pirates of the caribbean 3…….awful tosh

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Films that deserve the title "waste of electricity & oxygen"’ is closed to new replies.