Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Films it’s uncool to like (but you just can’t help yourself)
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Dare I admit it? Love Actually

silverpigeon
    Free Member

WTF. Love Actually!!

Did he really say Love Actually?

cynic-al
    Free Member

there are some films you should not admit to liking.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I find that couples admit to liking Love Actually but all single people I know hate it. It is guaranteed to get my missus in the mood 😀

Perhaps I should rename this thread “things you should never admit to on an internet forum”.

SST
    Free Member

Dude – there are some things you shouldn’t admit too, even on a “things you shouldn’t admit too” thread!

🙂

slimtubing
    Free Member

i’ll stick my hand up and admit to 4 weddings, there’s alot of funny stuff in that film.

cynic-al
    Free Member

4 weddings was good. Nowt embarrasing in that

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The Postman.
    It really is terrible, full of stereotypical clichéd tosh, but i can’t help but watch it when its on.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

So I guess I should keep it quiet that I like Dirty Dancing too? 😆

silverpigeon
    Free Member

OMG. 😯

Somebody take stilltortoise’s keyboard off him before he seriously hurts himself!

alpin
    Free Member

sound of music. remember when i was young, out my face singing along to s of m with some girl on the sofa. yea, fun times

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Its not a film its a series on CBBC “Shaun the sheep” I love it and try and record it every time its on.

I think its aimed at 7 year olds so admitting I like it could mean I end up sharing a cell with Gary Glitter. 😯

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Those who have admitted to liking 4 Weddings are only a Bill Nighy away from liking Love Actually. Less tragedy, more comedy farce, what’s not to like?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

PS my 7 month old is now sat on my lap trying to join in on this forum. You may start to see some sensible posts coming through now…

shinsplints

stilltortoise today :

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Is NO ONE going to come to my rescue? Not even the 4 Weddings lovers who are genetically programmed to like Richard Curtis’ stuff…even just a little bit. Go on, I dare you to come clean 😀

Anyway, come on everyone, get back to the OP, rather than this “have-a-bash-at-stilltortoise”. Otherwise I may have to start a thread on music that you shouldn’t admit to liking

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Anyone?? OK, I’ll get my coat 🙁

tomzo
    Free Member

Mamma mia.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I’ve got your back stilltortoise, i love it, and mamma mia, and twilight and……..

sc-xc
    squattingmouse
    Free Member

A life less ordinary
    Journey to the centre of the Earth (the newer Brendan Fraiser one)

tonto
    Free Member

Convoy!

showerman
    Free Member

Harvey (anyone seen my wabbit)

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve got your back stilltortoise,

Cheers IanPinder

And thanks to sc-xc for pointing out that my post is a carbon copy of 2unfit2ride’s last week. Unintentional, but at least I see where the other Love Actually fans are hiding!

ianpinder
    Free Member

save the last dance is another goodie

shinsplints

oh my god.

Bunnyhop

Grease.
    Seen it at least 20 times, know all the song lyrics, the dance moves and some of the dialogue.

Off out to get a life.

juan
    Free Member

La soupe au choux.
    Will not ring a bell to any of you, that is for the best

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

twang
    Free Member

Robin Hood, prince of thieves; ‘TO THE TRREEEEEES!’……quality!

NZCol

I was on the Ferry last w/e coming back from the S Island and happened to be in eye line of the film that was showing – “Music and romance” or love or something with Smarmy Grant and that blonde bird. Anyway, despite not watching it I ended up sort of watching it at a distance and when my wife asked me if i wanted a beer i said, and I am ashamed to admit this “yeah once I see what happens in the end….”, she looked at me, looked at the screen and simply shook her head. I could see her point.

grumm
    Free Member

Ha I also like The Postman – it’s one of the worst films ever, finishing with unveiling a statue of Kevin Costner’s character, the egotistical ****.

I quite like those cheesy American teen films, like Bring it On, or Mean Girls. Nice easy viewing when you don’t want to think too much.

Old Steven Seagal films are pretty good too. 😛

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I like Top Gun although common sense says I shouldn’t.

I realised I had a problem when I once watched it in tight-fitting shorts whilst oiled up…

😉

twohats
    Free Member

Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo!!!

I hate these sort of films, but was forced to watch it a few years ago and found it highly amusing.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Gone in Sixty Seconds. The Nick Cage version. Can’t help it.

TenMen
    Free Member

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Maybe because I’m drunk every time I watch it. But maybe not…

warton
    Free Member

Clueless
    Pretty in Pink
    Mamma Mia

IHN

The Goonies

simonralli2
    Free Member

My fave films are Betty Blue, Star Wars, The Matrix, Renegade, King Arthur (the new one) and Thunderheart.

Not too sure if Betty Blue is no longer cool, or maybe after being cool, it was dead uncool, but now it’s cool again, and Star Wars is cheesy but I think it’s still ok to admit liking it? I doubt too many people here have seen Thunderheart or Renegade but they are pretty cool in my book.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

When HArry Met Sally
    You Got Mail
    Top Gun
    Arsenic and old Lace
    Any Ealing Comedy
    Any, original, Carry-on film

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Films it’s uncool to like (but you just can’t help yourself)’ is closed to new replies.