Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Film recommendations
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I’m off on a trip soon and want a few films to while away the hours on the flights. I’ve had some good recommendations on here in the past so…

I tend to like scifi, particularly future, dystopian type ones but anything with a good concept or idea is good even if it’s not brilliantly executed.

I also loved Primer (recommended on here) as a film that made you really think

Or failing that, good action films, thrillers, comedies, whatever – I’m no movie snob.

TIA

stewartc
    Free Member

Ex-Machina
    Interesting take on artificial intelligence.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Interstellar. May need a longer flight though.

nemesis
    Free Member

stewartc – Member
    Ex-Machina

Haven’t seen that yet so I’ll add it to the list

thetallpaul – Member
    Interstellar

Plenty of time on the flight for it but I have seen it. Wondering now if it’ll bear up to reviewing though.

Thanks both

fasthaggis

A Most Violent Year
    Not your usual Mob film

Standing Tall

Populaire

nemesis
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for that – haven’t seen any of those.

blader1611
    Free Member

Gone Girl. Really enjoyed this film and dont be put off by the fact ben affleck is in it.

nemesis
    Free Member

Saw that on the last trip. I did really enjoy it though 😉

jimmy

The Road. Prepare to cry.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Watched that last night. It hought it was good but Mrs thought it was a bit pants!

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

this is a good list, maybe seen 75% of these. http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2015/may/05/the-best-films-of-2015-so-far-uk It Follows, Force Majeure, Pigeon, Amy would be my stand-outs. also loved Straight Outta Compton but that might just me being in fanboy mode!

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Not one for my missus either, but I enjoyed it even after a couple of viewings.
    It’s great with the sound turned right up.

How about a couple of more classic films: Ronin and Leon.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Most Violent Year, or Not Very Violent Year At All as it should be called. bobbins.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Haven’t seen it but the latest Mad Max one has had a good year review-wise.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Predestination. Everything you’ve asked for.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member
    nemesis
    Free Member

Ex-Machina – thanks for that. Somewhat of a copy of Frankenstein but some interesting ideas and well executed I thought.

Caught the new Mad-Max too – quite enjoyed it for a post-apolocalypic vision. I actually also watched the original and reckon the new one is actually a much better film.

Also Terminator Genesis was actually quite good.

Oh and About Time. A bit of a feel good film but I quite enjoyed the general concept and I thought it was well done.

And I caught all of Black Mirror which was great, particularly White Bear and Fifteen Million Merits. The timing with Call Me Dave’s pig story though was quite funny…

the-muffin-man

I don’t watch many films but I can say avoid ‘Gravity’ – total and utter bobbins.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gravity was awesome

Also Terminator Genesis was actually quite good.

No it wasn’t… I tend to save films I don’t want to watch on a proper screen with decent sound, throw in something that you don’t mind fallin asleep in and it’s perfect.

Otherwise I’ve been going through the classics, Pulp Fiction and Fight Club were on the last long haul

nemesis
    Free Member

Well, there’s no accounting for taste 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Film recommendations’ is closed to new replies.