Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Film identification help required!
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Arghh driving me nuts. We saw a film about 8 years ago – was dark ages action-thriller about a Nordic/Finnish/Northern warrior (queen?) from a small village

All mostly remember was epic fjord-land scenery, wooden huts, a rape/revenge story. Main character was young female poss albino (white-haired, v pale)

Subtitled. Think saw via Netflix or Amazon

edhornby

let the right one in ?

welshfarmer

Bit of Google fu found this???

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102081/

Three_Fish
    Free Member

let the right one in ?

Two kids in a modern-day twist twist on the vampire myth.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

was deffo a more recent (2k onwards) film set in Dark Ages/viking times or earlier IIRC

Heroine/anti-heroine with chopped-cropped white hair, severe Icelandic look about her. Simple premise revenge movie, but engagingly historical, with straightforward powerful acting, little dialogue (almost silent) and epic scenery.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Sounds cool. Let us know if you remember. I love Viking movies 🙂

welshfarmer
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

got it!

Flukt (Escape)

(After trying all manner off fruitless search terms on an off over the last few years – just tried ‘Nordic historical revenge thriller’ thru image search and bingo I recognised the cover art :)) Thanks for help folks, it kept me focused when about to give up once more.

colournoise

‘You might also like…’

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

On a tangent…

Mads mikkelsen made a good performance in the biopic about the Norwegian ww2 resistance leader.

Some scenes were filmed around Inveraray.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Film identification help required!’ is closed to new replies.