Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Film health warning.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Even if you have like me, up until this point, been a fan of Terence Malick’s films…

Watched “To The Wonder”.

Judgement: Fabulously gorgeous city and landscape cinematography. Otherwise… An appallingly boring, tedious and pretentious load of old guff. By two thirds of the way through this LOOOOONG movie I was becoming seriously irritated. By the end, I just wanted to eat my own teeth.

Avoid like the plague. 👿

dannybgoode

You could at least put ‘spoiler’ in the thread title – we know what doesn’t happen now 😉

Cheers

Danny B

Drac

Sounds just like The Thin Red Line.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I enjoyed The Thin Red line. I’m not averse to meditative film making and I was even prepared to accept his last effort – “Tree of Life” – once I’d got myself into the suitable frame of mind, but “TTW” was seriously bloody awful.

I just think he’s lost it.

Drac

Thin Red Line was watchable but only just was very long drawn out boring film so this one must be painful.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m not averse to meditative film making

or

very long drawn out boring

You say tomartoes and I say tomaytoes.

The best bits of To The Wonder are the landscape and cityscape photography, but even these seem hurriedly and most un-Malick-like hastily edited so he can get on with the lazy, self-indulgent rubbish of the rest of it.

Gah.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Film health warning.’ is closed to new replies.