Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • film 4 tonight withnail & i 00:20
  • racefaceec90

haven’t seen it in ages [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT5qhPoRS9g[/video]
    “I WANT THE FINEST WINES KNOWN TO HUMANITY!” am tee total myself 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Despite owning it after the countless recommendations on here I have never managed to watch it to the end, & by that I mean I have never seen the whole film, horses for courses I guess, but certainly not my cup of char.

nosedive
    Free Member

Are you a sponge, or a stone?

Drac

Massively overrated.

eskay

Perfume ponce.

somafunk

One of the best films ever made 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

PVR set, cheers.

Pook

+1 overrated

superfli
    Free Member

Fantastic film. Been a while, but watched it loads. I even have the script book somewhere 🙂

06awjudd
    Free Member

“Here. Hare. Here.” Don’t know why, but that line cracks me up every time!

Cult classic, love it!

bloodynora
    Free Member

The tearoom scene is a classic. Every line is quotable despite REG corpsing/ad-libbing. I think it was Paul Mcann saying ‘Miss Blennerhasset’ with a mouthful of bread which was responsible…… ‘Balls!’

06awjudd
    Free Member

Love the tea room. The customers weren’t actors and were just normal people having tea! That makes the scene so much funnier when you watch it 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

Ahh great. I’m always surprised how divisive this film is. It’s proper marmite. Spread it on!…

redthunder
    Free Member

Great film.

Come on lads, the sky’s bruising, night must fall and we shall be forced to camp.

bloodynora
    Free Member

And possibly one of the greatest lines in film. ‘We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!’
    Great writing and direction from Bruce Robinson based loosely on his life in Camden in the sixties basically.
    A great raconteur that guy 🙂

Cougar

Nice nod to the recently departed Uncle Monty, cool.

brakes
    Free Member

as ever, I like to pop up on Withinail & I threads and say I think it’s poop

‘We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!’

oh how we laughed…. not

donks
    Free Member

Tea room scene was filmed in what is now cox and robinsons chemist in my home town of stony Stratford…. Small claim to fame I know.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I think it’s one of them things you just get or not. Dunno. I love it! Cheers for the heads up

bloodynora
    Free Member

Brakes doesn’t get it and didn’t laugh aw diddums

deluded
    Free Member

W & I is Brilliant.

Fans of the film should read ‘The Peculiar Memories of Thomas Penman’.

I saw Robinson narrate the story in 1998 at a bookshop on Charing Cross Road, whilst he was absolutely leathered – hilarious.

brakes
    Free Member

Brakes doesn’t get it and didn’t laugh aw diddums

😥 🙂

bloodynora
    Free Member

Ok Brakes, I didn’t laugh the first viewing! Bit Marmite for some though I agree 🙂

Worth reading up on Bruce Robinson though…..

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘film 4 tonight withnail & i 00:20’ is closed to new replies.