Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fill the North with Work Houses
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member
    hels
    Free Member

It worked fine for North Korea – what’s your problem ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing at all, the northern people are only suited to simple manual labour 😉 We will need the tanks closer to our northern borders soon too 🙂

bearGrease

Jeremy Corbyn is calling for the “re-industrialisation” of the north of England by boosting spending on the arts

Eh?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Work houses were for people without gainful employment – bit like consultancy now, mike.

slowoldman

Jeremy Corbyn is calling for the “re-industrialisation” of the north of England by boosting spending on the arts…

…transport, housing and broadband.

Sheesh, sometimes STW is as bad as the Daily Mail.

Work houses were for people without gainful employment – bit like consultancy now.

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah glad I’m a senior consultant now 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

bearGrease – Member

Eh?

maybe include the rest of the quote?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

hels – Member

It worked fine for North Korea – what’s your problem ?

Well it took a while but someone eventually suggested that Jeremy Corbyn is just like Kim Jong-un.

Although should he become Labour leader I expect the comparison to made tediously and regularly by the Daily Mail and its half-wit readers for the next 5 years.

slowoldman

He might want to reconsider the wording of this though:
    “We need to tackle the inequalities that stifle growth and productivity by preventing women from reaching their full potential in the workplace”.

just5minutes
    Free Member

“We need to tackle the inequalities that stifle growth and productivity by preventing women from reaching their full potential in the workplace”.

He’s as perfectly placed as most of the other leadership candidates to address productivity via workspace strategies given the fact that he’s been a professional job-dodging politician almost his entire career.

To date his only job has been a brief stint as an official “National Union of Tailors and Garment Workers” – other than that he’s basically spent 40 years being paid by the state to blow hot air.

hora
    Free Member

‘Arts and housing’

Cos that creates longterm jobs………

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

just5minutes – Member

He’s as perfectly placed as most of the other leadership candidates to address productivity via workspace strategies given the fact that he’s been a professional job-dodging politician almost his entire career.

To date his only job has been a brief stint as an official “National Union of Tailors and Garment Workers” – other than that he’s basically spent 40 years being paid by the state to blow hot air.

Erm, the article claims that it was Andy Burnham who said that.

Although I suspect the truth is that it’s a typo by the BBC.

Something which you might have figured out if you weren’t so keen to “blow hot air”.

slowoldman

Erm, the article claims that it was Andy Burnham who said that.

Oops, my mistake. Same applies though – it’s definitely open to two quite different interpretations (if you want to be a bit malicious).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it’s definitely open to two quite different interpretations

No it really isn’t. It’s very clear what Andy Burnham is saying, whether he got his words a little mixed up or, more likely imo, the BBC are guilty of a typo.

EDIT : Actually I take that back, I reckon it reads fine. Instinctively I thought it should have read :

“We need to tackle the inequalities that stifle growth and productivity and prevents women from reaching their full potential in the workplace,”

But it reads fine as it is, unless you want to be a smartarse.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fill the North with Work Houses’ is closed to new replies.