Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • file backup options
  • petefromearth

Hi,

Need to get some important files backed up, the thought of our laptop getting damaged/nicked is pretty scary

We’ve currently got everything stored in “My Documents”, occasionally I back it all up on a USB stick (not often enough or secure enough)

Ideally I want something that syncs automatically online, once or twice a week is enough.

are google drive or skydrive worth a look? I don’t really need the files accessible from other devices, and I’d rather keep the master copies of the files where they are. I guess I’m not 100% happy with a live synced version of a file that might get corrupted if it doesn’t sync properly.

can anyone more IT literate than me advise or recommend any other good tools?

cheers

Pete

ps: Windows 7
    pps: doh wrong forum…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve got a WD external drive that plugs into the router and I can access from whichever device I wish to as long as I have WiFi

I’ve listened to music on my IPhone off it when I was away in a hotel.

I’ve also got bright sparks synch back? A free synch program to back my main PC upto the WD drive.

Currys sell them.

kukonaya
    Free Member

Skydrive and Google Drive are both very good free options., however in my opinion it is hard to beat DropBox for simple offline storage. It’s very easy to operate and to sync. You only get 2GB free though.

I use DropBox and also keep an external hard disk up in my ceiling.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘file backup options’ is closed to new replies.