Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Fighting
  • theboatman
    Free Member

I was riding around gt today, and waiting for me brother and mate to catch up in one of the fire road bits. Three lads already there, gave them a nod and ‘alright’ as I pulled up. One lad was working on his bike, the other two seemed to be talking, nowt unusual. As the last of my group arrive one of the two talkers lobs his bike to the deck a wads into the other, full on, a few punches, a bit of grappling and some kicks; and dumps him into ditch at the side of the fire road. Then the helmets are off more punching, grappling and a tasty headbutt. Their mate keeps trying to intervene, we decide to ride on and leave them to it. Wasn’t really what I was expecting to see on me Friday ride, but entertaining all the same.
    Working in a&e, booze seems to drive most fights that I see the result of, and seems to encourage these folk to try and take a lump out of me. But I couldn’t see booze being an issue here, and whilst looking at my own group couldn’t really imagine a situation that would lead me to kick off on one of them that way. So what would someone have to do to you before you got your furious fists flying?

kayak23

Not get my multitool out of my backback for me. 👿

slimjim78
    Free Member

Bad grammar usually does it for me.

DezB
    Free Member

[edit]i have now read the question properly.
    Someone would just have to cause me danger in their car when I am riding and I would be fully prepared to have a go.
    Realised that this week. How bloody angry I get at that kind of thing.

With a riding mate , there’s nothing I could imagine kicking it off!

theboatman
    Free Member

Plenty to keep you going there then slimjim 🙂

fasthaggis

Bad grammar usually does it for me.

🙄 shakes head

RealMan
    Free Member

Disagreement over tyre pressures?

voodoo_chile

Valve alignment problem …..i normally pull a blade out to solve this particular problem

seavers
    Free Member

sexual tension.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I think the OP should of had a word seeing as one of them headbutted the other, I mean whats happened to The Marquess of Queensberry rules tut tut!

nealglover
    Free Member

Probably a disagreement over the effectiveness of marketing I would imagine.

ton

in Biffer Bacon mode, ‘you call my bike a puff?’…….. 😀

deluded
    Free Member

One liked Prometheus, the other didn’t. An Angus McBast*rd headbutt was the only proportionate response.

voodoo_chile

One of the lads had done his missus with a thomson post (31.6)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

If you didn’t smile at me after I’d headbutted you I’d probably headbutt you.

legend
    Free Member

Was the bike upside down?

birky
    Free Member

Was it about which way up a bike should be when removing the wheels?

maccruiskeen

Deep seated grudges, going back generations. Its scotlands secret shame. The headbutter comes from a long line of branding consultants, the headbuttee grew up in a community that reckons they’re immune to that sort of thing.

{edit – didn’t notice that Neal G Lover had beaten me to it}

yunki
    Free Member

how old were the offenders..?

when we were spotty kids me and my mates used to really struggle to find things that we considered weren’t worth fighting over..

Duggan

Probably arguing over who was the greatest prime minister- lord palmerston or pitt the elder

spacemonkey

No way would I kick off with any of my proper riding mates … except maybe one who’s a bit of a psycho at times.

Have ridden in groups where the odd bloke is a bit of a c0ck and could well get my goat. Maybe it would take either a series of provocations or perhaps just saying the (exact) wrong thing at the wrong time. Unlikely to get that far, but you never know … sometimes people are just f^&*ing out of order.

spacemonkey

when we were spotty kids me and my mates used to really struggle to find things that we considered weren’t worth fighting over..

What, like “You show me yours and I’ll show you mine.”?

therag
    Free Member

Grammar police would earn a headbutt 😉

billysugger
    Free Member

Best way to make scrambled eggs.

Would have made a good intro to a yootoob vid :mrgreen:

colournoise

Heads and fists only? No Bombers in evidence?

Just a bit of handbags then.

slainte 😛 rob

dirtyboy

Jocks! All a bit Franco begbie? 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

shakes head

cracks knuckles..

Grammar police would earn a headbutt

C A H A G I Y T Y H E

Pigface
    Free Member

To much Buckie in the camelback

godzilla
    Free Member

What type of bike was he on so I can stereotype him?

theboatman
    Free Member

For those requiring additional info; one late 20’s the other mid 30’s, looked a bit ‘freeride’ full face helmets and at least one top with that graffiti style writing, and the real joy was the lad trying to stop them yelling ‘you’re supposed to be brothers’. Didn’t really register the bikes due to it kicking off, other than one hardcore hardtail affair. Helmets came off for round 2 after one of them was getting out of the ditch. I really wasn’t expecting any bother from the way they looked, looked pretty standard mtb’ers, i thought initially they were just having a bit of banter. Headbutt was the most effective blow delivered, with a real dull thud, and there was a decent helmet strike. I would have thought it would have fizzled out and the first round, with the other lad intervening and a trio of strangers there, but no, both looked well willing to ruck. Hence, we moved on, no point in interfering with natural selection. The bike being worked on was upside down, but had both wheels on.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, brothers. Years of pent up resentment!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

And I thought it most likely that it was Gove, Clegg, and Cameron sorting out the GCSE debacle…

thegreatape
    Free Member

C A H A G I Y T Y H E

Y G G Y F H K I

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

So what would someone have to do to you before you got your furious fists flying?

My mum.

zoota

Mad bikers disease!?

hora
    Free Member

You turned the other cheek? Couldn’t you have intervened/tried to cool things!

You don’t need to be big and hard.

Taff
    Free Member

Bet the tyre logos didn’t line up with the rim logos

Scapegoat

Was one on a 29er?

Keva
    Free Member

exactly what I was gonna say scapegoat…

The bike being worked on was upside down, but had both wheels on.

29er perhaps !?!?

funkrodent

Its most likely that they were disagreeing over the extent to which Germany should be bailing out the Greeks. In 2008 when our bank bailout was being debated the trails ran rivers of blood. I personally witnessed a gang of QE supporting downhillers running riot at Innerleithen…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Fighting’ is closed to new replies.