Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Fight
  • trevron73
    Free Member

I arrived home from work today ,3 men were arguing out side on the road. by the time i got upstairs to change, they were fighting on the ground. 2 men were pummeling the 3rd mans head on the road punching and kicking him,he took a beating for about 3 mins ,8 other blokes were watching.
    My wife told me to go help – i said no there are 8 men watching part of the 2 fighting the one? if i went i reckon i would of got a kicking off the now 10 men – What would you do. I did not know them and the man eventually walked /staggered away ? I was not willing to get into a huge fight with a gang ?

iolo
    Free Member

Call the police? That man could be dead now and you did nothing.

paddy0091
    Free Member

999?

MussEd
    Free Member

I’m assuming you or your wife did dial 999, but forgot to include that in your OP?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A few yrs ago i got out of the shower to hear yelling and screaming outside. Looked out of the window and saw a bloke holding a young bloke and forcing him backwards over our car, as i watched another lad came up behind the older bloke with a rounders bat..
    Several people yelling and screaming, I’m doing that dance where you frantically try to get in your jeans whilst wet etc.
    Ran downstairs, grabbed the nearest sword and burst out into the street – only to find they had all gone* and my new neighbours looking out of their window in shock at seeing me wielding a sword in the street!

* I then found the bloke behind the car bleeding from a head wound, young girl with him. Wouldn’t let me call an ambulance and wandered off.
    A little while later one of the ‘yoofs’ came back and was searching under our car for something, snuck out quietly and put the point of the sword (blunt reenactment weapon) against his throat and told him I’d cut his head off if i ever saw him again.
    Been pretty quiet ever since it seems.

stewartc
    Free Member

Sorry, am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that people keep swords in their houses?

shifter
    Free Member

Not odd owning swords if they’re into battle re-enactment, very odd that they think picking one up to join in someone else’s confrontation is a good idea. It would only take one neighbour to pick up the phone and there’d be an easy collar for the boys in blue.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Can you not see his user name? He’s a dwarf for christs sake.

His axe was probably upstairs.

stewartc
    Free Member

Yes Scott, but I still find it odd as the tried and trusted mace would be a far better weapon against close knit groups of multiple combatants, in your average suburban street.
    I live and learn I guess.

mlke
    Free Member

I love the way some threads end up going down bonkers dead ends……ps what chain tool to maintain my Morning Star?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m assuming you or your wife did dial 999, but forgot to include that in your OP?

I am a big wuss, but would have rang the police.

….or released the tame dwarf I keep in the shed, to go sort them out with his trusty sword.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

My hands are weapons and I have to register them with the police they are so dangerous 😆

jekkyl

Yup would have rung 999 without a moments thought.

Jamie
    Free Member

My hands are weapons and I have to register them with the police they are so dangerous

muddydwarf
    Free Member

😆 The battle axe lives in the garage with all the other polearms!
    Wasn’t the brightest thing to do in retrospect but i thought our car was going to get smashed up.
    My next door neighbour saw my friend (who i bought the house from) outside the school gates the next day.. “Er, your friend, is he quite safe?” 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The battle axe lives in the garage

That’s no way to talk about your wife!

wrecker
    Free Member

Ran downstairs, grabbed the nearest sword and burst out into the street

Now there’s a statement not everyone can make……

OP, the first rule of first aid is dont become a casualty yourself. Wading into 10 blokes isn’t brave. It’s stupid. Stop fighting with your conscience.

stewartc
    Free Member

Ran downstairs, grabbed the nearest sword, raised the portcullis and burst out into the street

There, fixed.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ran downstairs, grabbed the nearest sword, raised the portcullis and burst out into the street and said “I am inigo Montoya…….”

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oi! I’m a dwarf, not a Spaniard – we have standards you know!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Suppose its a good job i didn’t get the longbow out…

stewartc
    Free Member

must get on with stuff…

5thElefant
    Free Member

Suppose its a good job i didn’t get the longbow out…

Is that a euphemism?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

That sounds fairly serious!

When I peered out into the car park and saw a bunch of lads rummaging through a car, I found charging into the street half naked and wielding a pair of Henry Hoover half-tubes while screaming bloody murder worked a treat. One of them stumbled ’round on the spot in true Scooby-Doo fashion before pegging it 😆

In truth if they’d turned on me I would have got a kicking, but clearly the entrance was special enough.

So – did the Police get called?

bencooper
    Free Member

It would only take one neighbour to pick up the phone and there’d be an easy collar for the boys in blue.

I have a broom that the handle falls off of Hong Kong Phooey style – “What, this, officer? I just grabbed a broom to brandish at the scallywags, and the head happened to fall off.”

Staffs are much better in close quarters than a sword – two ends to play with.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would be impressed by the fighter on here who could take out 10

Drac

Me I’d called 999 and possibly recorded it on pone of those fancy new smartphones people have with cameras on. Not to post on Facebook but for the Police to help trace them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Staffs are much better in close quarters than a sword – two ends to play with.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

My staff’s only got one end and I seem to have a lot of fun with it…….

Jamie
    Free Member

My staff’s only got one end and I seem to have a lot of fun with it…….

I think he’s talking about his penis, folks.

JEngledow
    Free Member

They may have swords, but I’m not sure either of these would do much to stop a bunch of scrotes from knocking seven bells out of each other:

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Jamie – you git! Just because my girlfriend is away for a couple of weeks doesn’t mean I have nothing better to do!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ooh LARP’ers, the people that make reenactors look good!

We aren’t allowed anywhere near a competitive event til we’ve passed various efficiency and safety tests, LARP’ers play with rubber toys and think they are Conan 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Mate of mine (mad German bloke) competes at internationally level at full contact jousting – that is insane.

project
    Free Member

Ring the police, they come mob handed and dont usually get prosecuted for hitting people as its self defence, normal plebs do.

wrecker
    Free Member

“Cool club officer”
    “It’s not a club, son. It’s a baton
    “What do you do with it?”
    “We club people”

Duggan

No way would I intervene in a fight involving ten people, or whatever the amount in the OP was.

Obviously call the Police though, which I presume you did. Contrary to what some people think they take this stuff very seriously in my experience.

Am I the only one who always feels slightly sorry for people who get lambasted for standing by and doing nothing?

Ten people or three people, I can’t honestly say I’m sure I’d be keen to start getting involved in random brawls in the street if I saw one.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Mate of mine (mad German bloke) competes at internationally level at full contact jousting

That needs to be in the next Olympics!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Jousting is a TV sport now, looks painful…

http://tv.sky.com/showpage/full-metal-jousting

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Fight’ is closed to new replies.