Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Fifteen years – JMC Day today
  • billyboulders
    Free Member

Not read any of the above, just wanted to add my message, 15 years! Remember the day I read the announcement, was idly flicking through a copy of the Sunday Times they had in a pub while I was waiting for my lunch while we had a stop out on a sunny summer ride and the "Cycling News" headline caught my eye. I remember the shocked disbelief I felt vividly.

RIP. A genuine inspiration and a true icon. Those images of the insane speeds amid the plumes of dust on Mammoth mountain are truly special.

Edit: Rest in Peace doesn't seem right somehow – if there is such a thing as an afterlife, spirit, whatever (I've got no firm views on these things) JMC won't be resting, he'll be shredding as hard as ever and good on him!

druidh
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    i asked one of the young scamps i see when out riding if he knew who JMC was…no idea whatsoever,

* counts himself as a young scamp *

tandemwarriors

Have just got Dirt off the shelf and into the video. About to pay my own wee tribute.

[raises glass] To JMC. Ride & remember.

Hanky

Big respect, can still remember finding out and the impact that had on the race weekend. A true inspiration – cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Fifteen years – JMC Day today’ is closed to new replies.