Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FIFA! THE MOVIE!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think the timing of the release of this film may have been a little sub-optimal.

Despite starring Gérard Depardieu, Sam Neill and Tim Roth – as Sepp Blatter – the ‘preposterous hagiography’ took just £397 at the box office on its US opening….

Fifa had previously confirmed that it provided $22.2m (£14.5m) of the film’s $26.1m budget and Blatter, played by Tim Roth in the movie, is believed to have approved the script….

The whitewashed portrait of the history of Fifa, in which Blatter at one point forcefully tells his colleagues “the slightest breach of ethics will be severely punished”, was largely paid for out of the budget of the 2014 World Cup.

scaredypants

Did Tim Roth (as Sepp Blatter) pocket a large amount of cash as a result of this ?

Everything’s right with the world then. Carry on

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33050289

The Village Voice called it “not merely ham-fisted, but pork-shouldered, bacon-wristed, and sausage-elbowed”.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the FilmBar cinema in Phoenix reported takings of just $9, meaning only one person bought a ticket.

binners

I think we’ve read the script for this one already…..

It’s just another scam

scuttler

The story that just keeps on giving…

grum
    Free Member

The trailer looks great! ‘I don’t know where the money has gone’ 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjeD-Jqd2s[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Depardieu is in a roll, takes Russian citizenship to skip French taxes and now is taking FIFAs money to appear in a film glorifying Blatter.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I thoroughly enjoyed Marina Hyde’s article about the director

Yes, it’s only a trade – but for Monsieur Auburtin, the agony is rather more exquisite. Who knows by what cosmic twist of fate the long-scheduled US release of his movie coincided with the week – the very week! – the FBI blew Fifa wide open, but it has given his bad day at the office more attention than he could possibly have dreamed of in his worst nightmares.

🙂

scaredypants

apparently the film took somewhere between 600 and 900 dollars on its opening weekend in the US

Granted, they don’t much like football over there – I bet the UK could eaxily double that

😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FIFA! THE MOVIE!’ is closed to new replies.