Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fiddly RS Rev lower oil change
  • jamesb
    Free Member

Just taken a long time changing lower oils; had a lot of problem getting the compression rod to stay out so that the bolt would engage. Took three attempts having to remove lower legs each time before managed to get bolt in properly (and a lot of oil spilled too). Any hints on how to keep the compression leg extended for next time as this was a complete faff 🙁
    ta

interestingly too seemed to be very little oil in lowers only 20 hr after purchase 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmm. Not a problem I’ve ever had TBH. If you let all the air out you can compress the forks to where the damper rod is sitting I guess….

I just hold the uppers in a vice and slot the lowers on (Careful with the seals)

goldenwonder
    Free Member

interestingly too seemed to be very little oil in lowers only 20 hr after purchase

I should hope so, there shouldn’t be much oil in the lowers anyway.
    I’ve never had a problem not being able to engage the bolt though, so can’t really help on that one.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

never had any problems either, but my Revs (and Rebas) didnt have the recommended amount of oil in the lowers from new so I’d recommend anyone do a lowers service even on a brand new fork, it appears rockshox QC doesnt include lubrication 🙄

beanieripper
    Free Member

just pull the rod out all the way, then engage the lockout with the compression dial..

jamesb
    Free Member

I should hope so, there shouldn’t be much oil in the lowers anyway.

with 15ml oil added as per RS manual I`d have thought there should be a noticeable amount of oil in the lowers??

nicolaisam
    Free Member

My revs were nearly dry in one leg from new,I always do lower services on forks when they are new.
    The one exception is the Bos Devilles i have just brought.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Like what munque chick says.

jamesb
    Free Member

It is IMO pretty poor that having paid 100s £ for an item it is not properly setup, ie the RS have not put sufficient oils in, and a recommended by users first step is to do an oil change !! 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fiddly RS Rev lower oil change’ is closed to new replies.