Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fibreglass flat roof, anybody got/had one?
  • jackal
    Free Member

Our flat roof over the garage/small utility/toilet is in desperate need of replacing (boards the lot).
    Had quotes for the standard felt (£1200 ish) and rubber (£2000), someone recommend fibreglass to me so had a quick Google and there’s someone local to me that does them and seems to have good feedback on trusted trader (can this actually be trusted??).
    It looks like a neat job when done.
    Anyone got experience of/with fibreglass flat roofs? I did read that they can creak due to expansion/contraction. Any major downsides?
    I had thought of getting a pitched roof put on but a local builder said it would be in the region of 10k, Errrrrr maybe not then.

Cheers!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just had a large flat roof done in grp at work. Great system if done correctly. Been doing valleys in it fot years. Also had one done 2 years ago on a school renovation, zero problems with it. If you can introduce minimal falls via faring strips then this will also be a good idea.

JohnnyPanic

We have a garage attached to the house.
    It has a flat roof & we had it GRP’d in 2005.
    No problems so far.

tjagain

Had one at a nursing home I worked in – no end of leaks with it from hairline cracks that were hard to find and then the water appeared in different places to the leak. Dunno how old it was but it was ripped out and replaced with conventional roofing

nickjb
    Free Member

I did mine. Was pretty straight foreword and its been fine. If you get it done professionally then it’ll be guaranteed for at least as long as any other system. You do need to design in expansion gaps but that’s easy enough.

jackal
    Free Member

Cheers,will be getting it installed by a professional/someone in the trade so should be guaranteed, I’ll have to get them round for a quote.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Thought about a rubber roof?

eskay

EPDM roofing is fairly easy to do yourself if you have a reasonable level of DIY skills.

Did my garage roof about 7 or 8 years ago for a fraction of the price you were quoted above.

eskay

EPDM roofing is fairly easy to do yourself if you have a reasonable level of DIY skills.

Did my garage roof about 7 or 8 years ago for a fraction of the price you were quoted above.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Ugh how do you embed from google photos?

sharkbait
    Free Member

bsaically, you can’t unless you want much faffage

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fibreglass flat roof, anybody got/had one?’ is closed to new replies.