Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fibre flare rear light.
  • zippykona

I don’t have a lot of space on my seat post so fitting a rear light is difficult.

A fibre flare looks like it could solve my problem but a lot of people say the lights don’t like getting wet.
    Anyone had any problems, is there a simple way of waterproofing them?

shortcut

No problems with mine through last winter, mainly off road.

I do take it off before washing the bike though! I guess that would screw it! As would lots of rain and no rear mud guard!

bonj
    Free Member

mine have survived getting wet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gonetothehills
    Free Member

Mine sits horizontally across the back of my Topeak panniers on my commuter, gets at least 3hrs, sometimes 6hrs use a week (on flash) and has been very impressive. A set of bog standard (not Duracel) batteries lasted about 9 months. It might also fit on your seatstay if you’re short of space? Never had any waterproofing issues with mine.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

thought about sticking a blue one under the seat tube?

crazy-legs

Not had problems with mine either, it’s mounted on my rucksack. If you’re worried, just wrap the top and bottom of it in gaffer tape or clingfilm or something to stop water ingress.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Hang mine vertically from the rails on my saddle and fix it further down the post, on a folding bike.

Has last ok so far and nice as it gives side visibility

nobtwidler
    Free Member

I have had a fibre flare on my pack for a year with no problems and have a micro flare on my seat stay which seems even more weatherproof.

cheers_drive

Mine has been used for 1.5 winters with no issues.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah mines been wet quite a lot over the last year or so (seat stay mounted), I’ve not jet washed it but it seems pretty well sealed to me. I’m also surprised I haven’t had to change the batteries yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fibre flare rear light.’ is closed to new replies.