Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fibre Broadband install – how long did yours take?
  • the-muffin-man

Hi all

I’m going to upgrade to fibre broadband soon, but just wondered how long a typical install takes from ordering?

I’d rather wait till after Christmas if there’s a chance the install could go tits-up before Xmas – life wouldn’t be worth living if we had no broadband over the holidays!

Stoner
    Free Member

FTTC or FTTH?

kcal

was – I think – pretty quick – about a fortnight and we were given some alternative dates as well, so you could push it back.

Edit – PlusNet upgrade, OpenReach contract engineer that came – pretty slick and moved various sockets to suit the configuration.

But I’d reckon a fortnight would be easily achievable.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Three years.

It’s nice tho.

theotherjonv

A month from order to go live (BT). Although there were a few shenanigans along the way, with the date changed 3 times and then the actual install screwed up so badly on Friday that I nearly went nuclear on Twitter until I got put in touch with the Executive Level Complaints team who miraculously got it done yesterday (so only 4 days without broadband after my old contract ceased and BT got me live again….)

In fairness, the problem appears to have been with the Openreach side rather than BT the phone company, and once I got through to the right people they did good.

How do you deal with BT?

Drac

About a week from order to installation.

midlifecrashes

We had Virgin Media installed two weeks ago. Was about ten days from placing order(over phone) to install date, but I could have had it a couple of days earlier but it didn’t suit me. On the day it took about three hours to do, which wasn’t bad considering all the drilling through walls, burying cable through the garden, faffing at the cabinet and setting up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fibre Broadband install – how long did yours take?’ is closed to new replies.