Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fiat Doblo (What to look for)
  • Joe

Anyone here got a Fiat Doblo and can tell me what to look for when buying one?

Regards
    Joe

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

We had a 2004 1.9jtd Cargo (van). We put 80k miles on it in 4 years and loved it. Dspite what others might think, it was 100% reliable.

RustySpanner

I’ve got a 1.3 58 plate.

Immaculate when I bought it 4 years ago, now done 60,000 with little fuss.

Mines had new discs & pads, exhaust welded and needs a new wishbone.
    So excluding tyres and servicing, that’s £200 costs in total.

Love it to bits, great engine which revs like a petrol just enough power fully loaded, but will climb up anything.

Nice place to be – plenty of space, tough, loads of room for kit and it scrubs up well, decent stereo.
    Bit cheap and agricultural.

It’s fun to drive, in a modern 2CV kind of way.
    Grips well if you don’t take the piss but the brakes aren’t that great fully loaded – they seem to go off a bit after extended use, overheating I assume.

I’s been reliable so far, but if it did cark it I’d have another without question.

I even like the looks.
    🙂

The rear speaker grille clips were broke on every one I looked at – I just use BluTac.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steveh

The 1.3 diesel in these vans and also combos etc is known t have a number of problems – turbo ecu etc. It’s not an engine I’d be willing to buy.

RustySpanner

*Panics*
    I thought that was the 1.9?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im with steveh.

They(1.3combos) were pulled from a number of hire/lease fleets for a reason…..

My uncle got few fair number of pool combos at his firm – but i suspect that him having a 2.5v6 mundano for his car means he was very lead foot on the combos to get them to move – but ecus were a speciality on his shift.

The 1.9 was certainy, a cracking engine in 2000 and one to have , very popular as a cheap to insure way to a relitively fast car when everyone else was driving 1.2 corsas – they seemed to take a pounding from youths in baseball caps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fiat Doblo (What to look for)’ is closed to new replies.