• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by marshellkemp-spam.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fiat Doblo…?
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

Thinking about a van type for work.
    Anyone have /had one..??
    or any advice would be helpfull

thanks

project
    Free Member

Great van, ample power and space, cheap to buy as well.

Liftman

Terrible van constantly breaking down, 3 turbos, 2 ecu’s later, after the turbo started sucking in the engine oil we scrapped it.

It was the multijet version, I believe the non turbo versions are a safer bet.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Liftman….1.9 multijet..????
    I have heard they are trouble .
    but the JTD version seem to be ok

avdave2

I’ve had the car for 4 years and would have another. Like all cars or vans you get the odd bad one but when I looked at the Doblo against the competition it seemed to be more reliable and have fewer known issues.

crazy-legs

Can’t comment on reliability etc as fortunately I only had to drive one for about 45 minutes. Even then I came very close to leaving it by the side of the road and walking.
    It was bloody horrendous to drive. Dreadful body position, poor visibility and a dangerous bulkhead right above the right foot which made it very difficult to go from gas to brake pedal.

singlecrack
    Free Member

so…its 50/50 at the moment then.. 😆

khani
    Free Member

We’ve got one, four yrs old now, 1.9jtd, it’s enormoose and not broke down yet
    Get the tailgate not the split rear door version, it’s nice to sit/get changed under in the rain

avdave2

made it very difficult to go from gas to brake pedal.

But for those with normal as opposed to crazy-legs it’s not an issue.

DickBarton

Just released a new body style to them so you will get older shapes cheaper if you aren’t fussed about the overall look. I think the new model has some improvements in terms of fuel efficiency and finishing kit but seem to be very good.

I’m tempted by one but next year when I finally get shot of the Bravo…

tonyd

If you were worried about the overall look surely you wouldn’t be considering a Doblo!

My mate has one as his main car. It’s very practical and roomy, him and his wife do a lot triathlon and trips away on bikes so it gets loaded up frequently. He’s very pleased with it, although back to my first comment he also has no shame.

plop_pants
    Free Member

My parents have one and it is the worst thing bar none that I have driven. It wiggles and bounces along. Very uncomfortable which is unfortunate for my arthritic mum as it was easier for her to get into than a normal car but it just batters her. That said it is absolutely cavernous and would probably make a great work van (if you’ve got some heavy tools to weigh the back end down a bit)

twotonpredator

i bought a 1.9 jtd sx doblo van about a month back as it was the best combo of space, fuel economy, engine power and cost. i took the bulkhead out of mine and with the seats right forward someone up to 6ft can lie flat in the back if you ever wanted to kip in it. i have slept in mine with all the kit, the bike and a pressure washer with room to spare. it is high enough to have a bit of room to get changed in too.

the 1.9 jtd has plenty of power and as a positive compared to my diesel car will happily sit at 2000rpm without feeling like it needs to be changed down a gear. average mpg is 56.5. my brother has the multijet version 105bh which is euro4 emissions and hence £125 a year tax mk2 06 onwards. mine is the unijet 100bhp version euro3 emissions mk1 £200 a year tax. from all accounts avoid the 1.9d non turbo like the plague. unijet and multijet are both common rail engine can be remapped etc if you wanted.
    obviously it looks retarded and the seating position is an acquired taste but you can’t have everything can you? a vauxhall combo is worth a look as the seats are the same as the corsa hatch so the seat back tilts forward if you needed to kip in the back at races/roadtrips whatever, long wheelbase ford transit connect worth a look but are dearer by some way, older engine design and you have to pay extra for electrics lx trim. sx model doblo comes with electric windows and central locking as standard. sorry for the stream of conscience style. any questions just shout.

stephen131
    Free Member

Had the 120 multijet version never missed a beet from new 180000miles.

Vauxhall use this engine in the vectra as do Saab.

geoffj

I had the 1.6 diesel for a hire car last month in spain.
    Loads of grunt, 6 speeds, very economical. I’d have one as a run around / utility vehicle tomorrow.

PePPeR

I’ve had them as hire vans and found them to be grunty economical vehicles, my only negative with them was the ride, as mentioned by plop_pants above!

The most uncomfortable van I have ever driven and I’ve driven ten vehicles so far this year and done over 30000 miles already!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fiat Doblo…?’ is closed to new replies.