Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fiamma bike rack solutions
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have a Fiamma bike rack on the back of a motorhome. Anyone who has used one will probably know that the aluminium channel that supports the wheels is on the narrow side for MTB tyres, and my Chunky Monkeys won’t fit in the channel, nor the ratchet fasten.

Other than new tyres, anyone found a good solution?

VanHalen

have you got tractor tyres? my ratchet straps are long enough to allow fatty fitment i recon (i dont own a fatty BTW)??

can you get new straps? re-usable zip ties?

Stoner
    Free Member

just get some fabric straps. Once the wheel is tightened down it wont slip out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    niksnr
    Free Member

If it’s on the back of your motor home can you not carry a track pump with you? I deflate mine slightly to allow straps to locate properly. Once at destination I just inflate to desired pressure. Job done.

MikeG

I’ve one that is 15 or so years old on the camper and agree, it’s only really suitable for road or retro xc whippet bikes!
    I bought a third bike kit for it last year and they have changed the profile of the rail and fitted much longer straps – I can easily secure fully inflated 26″ smorgasboards on this rail whereas I have to almost fully deflate the tyre to use the original rails and even then the straps only do up a couple of clicks.

Could be worth replacing the rails?

BillOddie

*I just sit my Krampus (with 29×3 Maxxis Chronicles) on the top and I secure with toestraps. Sorted!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fiamma bike rack solutions’ is closed to new replies.