Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • ffs who Voted these Lunatics In?
  • kimbers

I just hope that Gove hasnt completely destroyed the education system before he sods off to take Theresa Mays job, who knows what kind of damage he will do there!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/jul/17/creationist-groups-approval-free-schools

actually i voted lib dem so i suppose its my own fault

noteeth
    Free Member

It makes me despair – however, what are they against the mighty Geological record? They are nothing, and so will pass.

Garry_Lager

No one gives a toss about creationism over here – despite the guardian’s best efforts to maintain a fertile aerobic atmosphere over the subject.

mt
    Free Member

Given the record of our education system so far going back to the begining may be a good place to start. Now say after me……………. 1.1 In the begining god created the heavens and the earth

retro83
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    I just hope that Gove hasnt completely destroyed the education system before he sods off to take Theresa Mays job, who knows what kind of damage he will do there!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/jul/17/creationist-groups-approval-free-schools

actually i voted lib dem so i suppose its my own fault

is this anything new? I thought religious groups had a hand in a fair proportion of these schools for a while. And whilst they might not announce it on their website, i imagine many will be sympathetic at least towards creationist views.

RustySpanner

Link.

Twenty five percent of Brits believe it, apparantly.

Very sad indeed.

mrmo
    Free Member

It makes no difference who you vote for, the three main parties are no longer interested in the population and they’re needs, welcome to globalisation. Corporations decide what is good for us, politicians ensure that we comply.

deviant
    Free Member

If enough people believe in creationism then why shouldn’t they be allowed to set up their faith schools?….that’s how democracy works isn’t it?….I think all religion is nuts myself but I wouldn’t stop these people wanting their kids educated in a certain faith. We’ve had catholic schools and the like for ages.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

is this anything new?

I’m fairly sure that all state schools were required to teach evolution in science classes, not creationism. What appears to be new here is that Free Schools will have far greater freedom to do as they please.

I certainly think that it should be cause for some considerable concern. I applaud the Guardian for bringing the issue to people’s attention. And I hope other newspapers are also covering this important and worrying development.

grum
    Free Member

I think all religion is nuts myself but I wouldn’t stop these people wanting their kids educated in a certain faith. We’ve had catholic schools and the like for ages.

They shouldn’t receive a single penny of state funding to indoctrinate children though imo.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner your link seems to suggest that the problem is simple ignorance rather than the influence of religion :

“….it suggested that this had nothing much to do with religion. How could it, when the number of people reporting either Young Earth creationism, or ID, at 25% is something like five times as large as the combined Muslim and evangelical population of this country? Twice as many people are confused about what they believe, and only another quarter are convinced of the truth of evolution.”

mt
    Free Member

Whats wrong with believeing some sort of creationist theory, they just have the time line wrong and in what order things happened. OK there are a few other things that don’t really fit but in the grands scheme of things all our views are irrelevant. What we understand about evolution will change in your life time (it has in mine so far), just think of them as behind the times or a bit lower in the evolutionary scale, a bit like hairy people.

retro83
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    What appears to be new here is that Free Schools will have far greater freedom to do as they please.

where does it say that?

project
    Free Member

ffs who Voted these Lunatics In

Probably the same ones who voted the con-servatives in.

oh and i bet that those same people think a fat man in a red coat delivers all their christmas presents at christmas, all on his own, with no state funding,plenty of tax incetives, and fidles .

grum
    Free Member

where does it say that?

Well free schools don’t have to follow the national curriculum for starters…

RustySpanner

ernie_lynch – Member

Rusty Spanner your link seems to suggest that the problem is simple ignorance rather than the influence of religion :

“….it suggested that this had nothing much to do with religion. How could it, when the number of people reporting either Young Earth creationism, or ID, at 25% is something like five times as large as the combined Muslim and evangelical population of this country? Twice as many people are confused about what they believe, and only another quarter are convinced of the truth of evolution.”

I was very surprised as well Ernie – 25% is staggering.
    However, if we take away the deluded religious fanatics, that leaves us with 20% that might be open to the healing, saving power of Our Lord Charles Darwin, blessed be his name.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

where does it say that?

It seems to say it in most published articles about Free Schools which I’ve read. For example :

“These schools would break away from local authority control and have more freedom over the curriculum while continuing to be funded by the state.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10138787

retro83
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    where does it say that?
    It seems to say it in most published articles about Free Schools which I’ve read. For example :

“These schools would break away from local authority control and have more freedom over the curriculum while continuing to be funded by the state.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10138787

Ah okay, I thought you meant in that particular article.

kimbers

for those who want an opposing view

heres toby young auto fellating himself

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/9405989/My-first-free-school-has-passed-the-test-now-for-the-next-one.html

philbert31
    Free Member

At the end of the day just look at the guy, you just know he drives a Volvo with a little fish on the back, wears sandals and has a palm cross at home, so this shouldn’t come as a shock! He is like a real life Ned Flanders.

Ps I was Christened as a Methodist and went to Sunday school, but I know where to draw the line!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ffs who Voted these Lunatics In?’ is closed to new replies.