Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • FFS! (Weather content)
  • andyl
    Free Member

It was nice and sunny and crisp with clear blue skies 10 minutes ago.

I get ready to go out to walk the dogs and then work on the car and now it’s grey, blowing a gale and chucking it down.

Really not enjoying life in the UK these days. Emigration is looking better every day.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Three sets of tennis this morning before the rain started. We were v lucky. At least there is an excuse to watch the rugby later.

andyl
    Free Member

Rugby! Thanks for reminding me. Its been so long since I had a working TV (due to weather and living in a rural location with bad signal) that I have forgotten what it’s like to veg out with a beer and the rugby on a weekend.

I bet the TV aerial is going to fall off in the wind now I’ve said that.

nuke

Dropped the wife with the dog for a nice walk in the sunshine, get back home 10 minutes later and me and the kids are eating sausage sandwiches in the warm watching the hail and lightening outside…better put the kettle on for their return 😳

Stoner
    Free Member
    mudshark
    Free Member

I went for a long ride yesterday (SE), like Spring it was – other than the odd impassable flooded road. Tomorrow looks OK albeit windy – then more mixed weather to come it seems.

ton

did 1.45hrs this morning on the way to work, In bright blue sky sunshine. it is now grey dark and miserable……I love the weather, I embrace bad weather like I do good weather.
    life is good.

Sandwich

Sun out here but a large grey cloud has appeared.

scotroutes

It may surprise you to know this but the current inclement weather isn’t affecting ALL of the UK and other places get “bad” weather too.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Did an 11 mile training run in the worst of Thursday’s weather. Actually fun running in the rain and possibly better than riding? Feet suffer though. I just remind myself that it’s liquid sunshine and that there is no such thing as poor weather, only poor equipment choices!!!!!

Trimix
    Free Member

There will be a hosepipe ban in a couple of months.

RichPenny
    Free Member

It may surprise you to know this but the current inclement weather isn’t affecting ALL of the UK and other places get “bad” weather too.

It does seem to be affecting all the important parts though. True that other countries also suffer from extreme weather, can’t say I’d be a bundle of joy in the 50 Celsius climate of Australia.

Marmoset
    Free Member

It’s just a piffling 31 degrees in Perth today. I would like to see some rain now, and that’s not something you’d hear me saying often in the UK.

MrOvershoot

Marmoset – Member

It’s just a piffling 31 degrees in Perth today. I would like to see some rain now, and that’s not something you’d hear me saying often in the UK.
    TBH Rich it’s getting a bit pants @ the moment. I don’t mind a fair amount of rain, but the wind & rain is getting beyond a joke.
    Most places here in the NW are bog like but nothing as bad as the SW!!

Just looking out of the patio window and the rain is falling at about 45deg from Chester 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Sunny in Fenlandia, but blowing a gale.

badllama
    Free Member

Managed to get out and clean my 29er HT (my commuter) before it set in again this morning it is getting bloody frustrating though.

Need to start the training for our summer riding weekend in the lakes already a month behind due to the weather this year 🙄

Back to Ebaying and BF4 I suppose 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

did 30 miles on the mtb this morning, windy, wet and muddy but bright sunshibe, dunno what you’re moaning about, get up earlier and use the weather forecast

ps44
    Free Member

Ride in the sunshine first thing then a couple of hours of very chunky windsurfing. What’s not to like 😀 ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

I cook outside, everyday, on a wood fired oven, on Exmoor. MTFU frilly knickers.

kcal

set off for my spin in lovely sunshine; a couple of hours later it was a bit overcast. Stayed (mostly) dry though. But aaargh the headwind ion the way home near had me in tears ::)

I think we’re on 70/80% of ‘normal’ rainfall at the mo?

footflaps

Been out photographing Hockey in the sunshine today:

Cambridge Nomads Mens 1s vs Cambridge City Mens 3s by brf, on Flickr

stumpyjon

I’ve managed to ride every weekend this year so far, been up early and made the most of the early morning weather. Been out in the rain a few times as well. Was defeated by the wind this morning, would have been horrific. Went into Manchester instead and nearly got taken out by a large wheelie bin being blown down the street. Exercise bike session this afternoon watching the rain go past the window horizontally, trail building in full waterproofs tomorrow again, it’s not fun anymore.

eskay

On the road at 7.30AM this morning and rode to Bristol-Newport in dry, bright skies.

Very windy across the bridge and a headwind from Chepstow all the way to Newport but made it there dry, which was amazing considering the forecast I saw last night.

Northwind

I was spannering on the car this afternoon. Started out in sunshine, climbed inside to work on a bit of wiring, the heavens opened and I ended up stuck in the car for half an hour 😆 Still it’s tidier in the back than usual now.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden now for 2 weeks and 2 days (not that I’m counting).
    But that’s down to stitches not healing and complications, I may be off the bike for another couple of weeks but looking at the weather forecast to come I couldn’t have chosen a better time to be not riding.

LoCo
    Free Member

FOD was great all day yesterday, was out with project enduro ( 4 wheeled bike guys), ATM in the valleys it silly windy and wet, going to be a few trees down on the trails tomorrow, hopefully won’t do any further damage to the new unopened trails at Cwmcarn

iainc

Not ridden since Velo last sat, where I lost some skin and got a very sore neck. Therapeutic pool time today in a lovely wee spa cottage place in Northumberland seeing as its Scottish mid term 🙂

ononeorange

Managed 23 miles on the singlespeed this morning, had to turn back a number of times owing to fields being under several feet of water and (horrors) ride on the road occasionally. But I lived, to my surprise.

Sunny when I left so I assumed that as it was February it was no longer winter and so went out in short sleeved top and shorts. I must admit I was getting a little chilly after the Biblical storm I went through. Looking at the trees in the woods – they can bend a lot can’t they?

Klunk
    Free Member

could be worse, condition 1 storm Antarctica

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaaIE9EDxY[/video]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I went for a solo ride yesterday. It was a bit damp…

8th February 2014 by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr

IMG_2097 by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr

IMG_2120 by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr

The water was surprisingly cold too!

MrOvershoot

^^^^Think a change of user name might be in order^^^^

CountZero

No rain here, (North Wilts, or at least a small area near Calne), but lots all the way around, and the wind was chuffing cold! Had the ear flaps on my furry Russian hat tied under my chin. 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

Yesterday was ridiculous again – four hour ride in 25mph wind… when will it end?! This weekend is going to be the same again, apparently. 🙁

Marmoset
    Free Member

So, is it worth setting up some kind of house boat business about now. From what I’m reading on the news the water just keeps getting deeper every day…

Spending a whole day on a (mostly) exposed hillside above Merthyr Tydfil on Saturday introduced us to a whole new level of cold and wet. Good job we were having fun – and the heaters were working in the shuttle buses

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m looking at joining turbotrainertrackworld……

The only cycling I’m managing at the moment.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ffffffffs!!!
    I’ve got a 16m boom on site to do some work on the roofs of the houses. It’s blowing sideways rain as we speak 👿

andyl
    Free Member

Here we go again!

Need to go check the sheep (on foot at the new Landy has broken down 🙄 ) but wondering if I will have to go out of the back door as the wind is probably going to stop be opening the front door and the rain is running down the conservatory windows like a consant stream.

sadmadalan

I back off to bed – see you on March!

D0NK

got blasted with snow on the way home last night, windy, thunder and lightening. Then….the sky cleared and I managed to get out for a pretty sweet nightride, only a pleasant blip tho, this weather is doing my head in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘FFS! (Weather content)’ is closed to new replies.