Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • FFS, just how visible do I need to be!?
  • hora
    Free Member

Jesus wept. There really is a Batshit mental element on this forum of late.

edlong
    Free Member

There really is a Batshit mental element on this forum of late.

I agree. Creases nice and straight and starch on the collar please.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Of late? You’ve been here for years hora.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cookeaa

I do like the way Hora is being condemned for daring to notice other people’s Gender/Age/Ehtnicity…

In future I shall simply describe any and all 3rd parties I observe as “The Subject” and elaborate no further, just in case I am accused of being a bigot for doing so…

fasthaggis

Jesus wept. There really is a Batshit mental element on this forum of late.

You are not wrong there

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sorry Hora but you are utterly wrong IMO, if I’m legally allowed to ride on a road then nobody has the right to tell me otherwise, attempt to bully me off of it or suggest I should be on some painted bit of pavement…

You’re deadright, unfortunately you may well end up dead.

I lived near the A19 for 18 months, in that time 3 people were either killed or paralysed on the DC section linking the M1 and Middlesborough in car/bike crashes (IIRC they were all TT’s, or training for them).

It’s all very well saying it’s the car drivers duty to look out for cyclists, and 999 out of 1000 proabbly do. But when you’re overtaken by 1000 cars doing 70 you’re just playing a game of Russian Roulette. The drivers probably 100% in the wrong, but as the kids song goes “they scraped him off the motorway like a lump of strawbery jam”.

Some laws protect others from you, some laws protect you from yourself and others.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you always give “full description”, why do we have no information on the ethnicity of:

I have a beard, when people need to come find me in the office they’re usualy pointed in the direction of “the guy with the beard”.

I don’t get offended when they don’t also mention that I’m white, have short hair, wear a flowery shirt, deck shoes, have blue eyes, no kids, co-habiting and like spaniels. Are they being dicriminatory for not mentioning the Spaniels?

People decribe by exception, you don’t mention the stuff that’s common/normal.

hora
    Free Member

If I’m sat in an office full of men. How will I be described? Its just one of the things you pick up on and recall in a story. My extreme statement of asian schumachers was a troll but if you went to Hull I bet theres a moniker for certain drivers round there, Bradford, Glasgow etc.

In general certaint people on here seem to look for anything that they can pick at to try and win an argument because they can’t make headway on the main discussion?

Back on subject. I love cycling. I hate <5mile journeys in my car as its not good at all for the engine. I’ve seen the immediate aftermath of a cyclist killed by a truck just 200m’s from my office is now. The big pool of blood and the parts of helmet swept into the kerb.

I love cycling but theres **** all chance it’ll get safer. WHERE are the traffic Police on our streets?

FINAL comment- on your cycle home from work tonight- see if you can spot how many drivers are glancing down at their lap or holding their phone away from their ear pretending not to be using a mobile/conversation.

amedias
    Free Member

I love cycling but theres **** all chance it’ll get safer

I disagree, it’s already improved in the last couple of years.

A long way still to go but it will happen, just not overnight.

Gary_M
    Free Member

FINAL comment- on your cycle home from work tonight- see if you can spot how many drivers are glancing down at their lap or holding their phone away from their ear pretending not to be using a mobile/conversation.

Not the wisest of advice so I’ll stick to looking at where I’m going and spotting hazards. It is Friday after all so craziness abounds. Two road users not paying attention isn’t a great idea.

hora
    Free Member

I disagree, it’s already improved in the last couple of years.

I commuted for 7yrs from zone 2 to zone 1 in London and though it was hectic/a mind buzz it was predictable. Maybe Gtr Manchester- its unpredictable and has certain drivers who have zero respect for other humans?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Was that your FINAL FINAL comment then? 🙂

hora
    Free Member

😆

amedias
    Free Member

Maybe Gtr Manchester- its unpredictable and has certain drivers who have zero respect for other humans

Maybe, I’ve not ridden there so will have to take your word for it.
    Has it changed though? Any local groups lobbying for improvements at all or is it just degenerating?

Down here in the west country it’s definitely getting better but slowly, same seems to be true in London.

D0NK

Has it changed though? Any local groups lobbying for improvements at all or is it just degenerating?

I’m in GM, with no evidence what so ever I’d say improving but a lot of the time it feels like it’s getting worse. I think age, has a lot to do with it, becoming a grumpy old man with a keen sense of my own mortality has skewed my perception. There are a lot more events, groups, infrastructure and people actually out riding than when I started commuting.

stoney
    Free Member

Can someone explain to me why hora is being accused of racism???. He only said an “asian man”???? WTF, what if it was a FAT man??? ➡

OOOOOooooo would you be accused of being fatist??? 🙄

jota180
    Free Member

You get denounced here for anything

Here we go, Mohamed !!!!!!

That’ll be me stoned then

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘FFS, just how visible do I need to be!?’ is closed to new replies.