Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ffs giant seat post sizes
  • dobo
    Free Member

thought my giant reign seat post would fit an xtc but it dont, just checked and its 30.9 & 30.8…
    Could they really not make them the same size!

who makes 30.8 seatposts, after something 2nd hand and cheap tbh

MtbCol
    Free Member

get a narrower post and shim it out to 30.8 – that’s the only way I can think of doing it after looking at various sites.

One of these and one of these in 30.8

mboy
    Free Member

Take it into a shop with a 30.9mm seat tube reamer, and get it reamed!

will
    Free Member

i had this problem, i just forced the 30.9, seems to be ok, little scratched mind 😆

dobo
    Free Member

yea, i might shim a 27.2 but its a bit anoying.

lol will, i smashed it in there a bit but wasnt never going in all the way.

takes the piss, just looked at the brand x shims and they have about 30 varieties but no 27.2 to 30.8, found some others but grr

4ags4
    Free Member

Thomson do a 30.8?

colande
    Free Member

have an 06 xtc frame ,
    and there is a discrepency as i know the SE base model uses an 30.8mm post but the SX two stages up the food chain uses a 30.9mm post,
    they are exactly the same frame,
    there would be no way giant would produce a different frame in a model range with such a small difference.

anyway i fitted a 30.9mm to my SE frame and it’s a little stiff but i found its more due to the seat collar as the post slides in and out fine without it on, oo-er missus 😳

just order a 30.9mm!

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have an 06 XTC SX.Bike came with a 300mm 30.9mm seatpost,which was too short.When I asked the supplying dealer for a longer post,they sent a 30.8 Giant branded jobbbie,via Giant themselves,so it seems even Giant aren

s

ve run both 30.9 and 30.8 in mine,and there was no discernible difference.

dobo
    Free Member

interesting that some of your 30.9’s are fitting, think i’ll have another go with some lube this time and see if it fits…

will
    Free Member

This thread makes me laugh 🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ffs giant seat post sizes’ is closed to new replies.