Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • FFS – Fireworks
  • benz
    Free Member

New neighbour moved into next street…fireworks all evening and still going on. Kids and dog not too happy.

I’m inclined to take a wander and have a neighbourly word but must I must admit that having not yet met them, their black Range Rover intimidates me….stereotypical type-casting of course…

taxi25
    Free Member

I’d be in favour of fireworks being banned except on the 5th of November and new years eve. But your neighbour isn’t breaking the law, and you getting in his face might make every night firework night 🙁

benz
    Free Member

Thought the law was none after 2300hrs apart from certain occasions… 31 October not being one of them?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

I would ban them except for official displays

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YZLOlnA3D0[/video]

benz
    Free Member

I guess others have got a bit p’d off too….my walk to have that chat has been halted by sight of a Police car outside said new neighbours house…..leave them to it.

LimboJimbo

It’s taken me an hour each night to get limbojr off to sleep for the last week. He’s two and a half and generally freaked by the banging and neighbours dog going mental. We have it nightly from Diwali to bonfire night and it’s been enhanced tonight by teenagers we don’t know banging on the door demanding confectionary.

pitduck
    Free Member

please stop whining it`s not at all attractive 🙄

tomkerton
    Free Member

Pitduck – the case for banning fireworks apart form licenced and organised displays is very strong. Primarily the safety aspect of giving idiots explosives. Furthermore a significant proportion of the population find these 2 weeks very antisocial. I personally can’t stand garden fireworks as my dogs are terrified.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Ah yes, idiots and fireworks

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TiIdhEdwaeo

andyl
    Free Member

Hopefully one day they will be banned. I would much rather see a proper organised display with good fireworks. Danger and lack of consideration aside they do pollute and the spent rockets can be a danger to animals and livestock. Like those stupid flying lanterns. (I’m in a cheery mood today!)

One day people will look back and wonder why we let people buy explosives in their corner shop or buy litres and litres of highly flammable fuel at petrol stations.

Drac

Great things banning for a few irresponsible people isn’t right.

FFJA
    Free Member

Or laptop chargers/e-cigarette chargers, hair straighteners, cookers, saucepans, electrical equipment, matches, cigarettes, all of which cause far more property fires than “litres and litres of fuel…”

I’m glad we can buy fuel, my chainsaw and lawnmower don’t work without it!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Why are mountainbikers such H&S obsessed nanny state fans? Ban everything…

wilburt
    Free Member

I don’t think the grumps on here represent all mountainbikers.

MoreCashThanDash

One of our neighbours had his usual “any excuse for a few pretty fireworks” show about 7.30 last night, which was fine.

Then another one started with some “see how loud I managed to find in the shops” willy waving display at 10.15 – about half an hour after our over excited post-halloween kids had got to sleep.

Dickhead.

Need some sort of limit on the noise for publicly available fireworks to use at home, and a 9.00pm ban except Nov 5th and New Year

DezB
    Free Member

idiots and fireworks?

andytherocketeer

fireworks ftw

but I’d definitely ban those chinese lantern jobbies

LimboJimbo

Grumpy? Probably. Lack of sleep will do that to you. Nanny state banning everything? Not at all. I just wish people would be a bit more considerate than to let fireworks off in a built up area at 11.30 at night. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

Grumpy? Probably. Lack of sleep will do that to you. Nanny state banning everything? Not at all. I just wish people would be a bit more considerate than to let fireworks off in a built up area at 11.30 at night.

That’s not the fireworks fault, tho. That’s just people being nobs.

bruneep

It does get tiresome having fireworks thrown at you whilst doing your job. If that makes me a killjoy so be it.

I’d still ban the sale of them to the general public.

eltonerino

Round here, Halloween is the night for fireworks. November 5th is just another day. Also, until recently you could only have licensed displays, but that didn’t stop people from getting them from over the border.

andytherocketeer

I just wish people would be a bit more considerate than to let fireworks off in a built up area at 11.30 at night.

after 11pm is not inconsiderate, it is illegal (except on the nights of Nov 5th, Diwali, and New Year)

ninfan
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind them being restricted to organised displays

If it wasn’t for the fact that the bloody organised displays seem to be arranged over nearly two weeks now

Remember remember the first to the tenth of November 👿

Edit, I tell a lie: due to weather forecast the ‘Rushmoor fireworks spectacular’ is now on the fifteenth of November 😡

Houns

Yup, ban all but organised displays

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Maybe you guys could tie some to your panties and they’d pull them out your ass cracks?
    Never come across such a bunch of passive aggressive whiners in my life.

BUT I DON’T LIKE IT!

mattbee

Bloody pain. I love the things, the bigger, louder and fancier the better. Unfortunately the dog hates them. Currently behind the sofa with a pile of toys. He’s got better though, his Thundercoat helps.
    Next weekend’s mission is to find a campsite that is still open as far as possible away from population but still reasonable distance from Portsmouth to get away from the local blitz reenactment.

CountZero

When did Diwali become a national British day of celebration with fireworks? I must have missed the memo.
    And I’m all in favour of a total ban on the sale and use of fire lanterns, unless a way can be found of making them that doesn’t use any material that could possibly cause dreadful injuries to livestock. Thin wire and bamboo are totally unacceptable materials.
    Anyone asking what harm the could possibly do should be fed a meal full of chopped up fragments to find out.

andyl
    Free Member

Grumpy yes, h&s obsessed no. I just don’t think quite a lot of the public can be trusted with such things and I especially don’t like it when people think its funny setting off the loudest rockets they can find in the field next to my sheep. Never really found publicly available fireworks to be very impressive anyway. Much rather go we a proper professional display where I can see some properly impressive fireworks.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0mr0SShSU4[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCGy1P1x5c[/video]

Ban fireworks? But it makes for such entertaining viewing watching the silly humans blowing their own limbs off.

andytherocketeer

When did Diwali become a national British day of celebration with fireworks? I must have missed the memo.

2004 apparently

molgrips
    Free Member

I like fireworks, but there is really no need to do them late at night. People are trying to out kids to sleep ffs.

7pm, great. 12am not.

allthepies
    Free Member

Fireworks in 1st week of November shocka 😆

nickjb
    Free Member

I just don’t think quite a lot of the public can be trusted with such things

Could say the same thing about dogs and kids. Ban those then we can all have firework fun.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Still baffles me why you would spend 50 quid or more on crappy garden fireworks. Then light one at a time over the space of half an hour. Organised displays everytime.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Chill out by watching this

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KZ3jgbbmI[/video]

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Guessing the OP doesn’t live in East Sussex.

We really do fireworks down here. 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

With any luck we’ll have torrential rain from now till the 15th Nov, that’ll put the dampners on it.

sbob
    Free Member

tomkerton – Member

Pitduck – the case for banning fireworks apart form licenced and organised displays is very strong. Primarily the safety aspect of giving idiots explosives

You are spectacularly wrong.

Most injuries occur at organised displays.

The toilet brush causes more injuries each year than fireworks.
    Dogs, of course, cause far more injury than fireworks.

sbob
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member

Need some sort of limit on the noise for publicly available fireworks to use at home

There already is.

sbob
    Free Member

andytherocketeer – Member

after 11pm is not inconsiderate, it is illegal (except on the nights of Nov 5th, Diwali, and New Year)

Chinese New Year also.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘FFS – Fireworks’ is closed to new replies.