Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FF29 in the toon?
  • baden

I am thinking of getting a Kinesis FF29 and would really love to sit on one. I am in Newcastle, are there any about up here?

rewski
    Free Member

Me too, maxlight sync’s should be available soon, modified Ti version of the FF29, mmmmm.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Aaccording to their website, Ride and Steels are both Kinesis dealers, try them first…

baden

ride don’t, will try steels

baden

I was also a little unsure about the brakes on FF29, I have not come across them before, TEKTRO 2013 Gemini’s I think. how do they compare with the Avid/Shimano ranges?

marccr0wley
    Free Member

I’ve got one on demo from Pedals in Edinburgh.

FF29 Good bike, great fun, good choice of compromises between an XC 29er and aggresive 26er. I’m 6ft and have a medium and that suits the fun style of riding (Enduro Trails/Off-Piste steepness) I lean towards but could easily use a large, especially on XC stuff.

The standard spec bike is only let down by these brakes, fine for an XC bike but for a bikes that is designed to be thrown around, they’re just not up to the job.

So either full bike, get a dropper on and swap the brakes for something more appropriat or go for a full custom build.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FF29 in the toon?’ is closed to new replies.