Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FF29 build
  • roach

Got a used FF29 to build up and was wondering what forks and wheels to chuck on it. Thinking Reba with maxle and stans arch ex on hope pro 2.

I’m pretty heavy at the moment 16st and would be using it for afan and long day rides.

Any suggestions?

Gotama
    Free Member

I found it worked best with the forks at 120mm and seems to be the most popular travel setting when I searched for threads on here. Also had Arch EX on it which were a good balance of weight vs strength whilst also keeping the tyre profile marginally narrower given there isn’t a huge amount of clearance in the rear.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mine was very XC with Rebas at 100mm and Crests on Pro II’s suited me & my riding style down to a tee if I’m honest.

GavinB

Running Arch EX with XFusion Slants, which I’ve run at both 100 and 120mm on mine. Think I prefer them at 120. Clearance is ok at the back with the Arch EX and 2.25 Maxxis Ardent or Ikon, certainly not had any rubbing on the inside of the chainstays.

I think the Reba would be a good choice though. I nearly went for them, but couldn’t find any cheap deals when I was building mine, so went for the XFusion ones, which have been really reliable. My only gripe with them is the frankly ridiculous 1.5mm hex screw which holds the rebound adjuster on, which needs to be removed in order to do a lower leg/seal service etc. Why oh why not stick a Torx screw on there instead, or something less likely to slip.

roach

Okay so Reba at 120mm with Arch Ex it is.

I’ve read on another post about needing 51mm offset forks rather than 46 but I can only find the reba 100mm with 51mm offset?

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    roach

Flipping eck that looks a good deal.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Get some X-Fusion Slides. Or Traces if budget will allow…

mboy
    Free Member

FF29 definitely works best with a 120mm fork IMO. Any shorter and it’s a bit steep and twitchy. With a 120mm fork it’s still razor sharp, you can even run a 130mm fork if you wanted to slacken it off a touch.

If you’re after a good condition 2nd hand fork, got 2 X-Fusion Slide’s for sale at the moment if that helped?

bm0p700f
    Free Member

I ride mine witha rigid fork and it fine even after many hours in the saddle. Depends where you ride thought i suppose.

roach

mboy – can I have some pics and info on the slides please?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FF29 build’ is closed to new replies.