Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Few days off – 7 Stanes?
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Got a few very last minute days off coming up. I’ve only been to Dumfries area once, years ago, and can’t really remember which trails we did. In the spirit of laziness, could anyone suggest which are your favourite trails and any recommendations for cheap places to stay?! Would consider camping pods; think a tent might be asking a bit much of the gf at this time of year.

Actually the weather forecast is not too bad, so might look at camping as well to try and keep it simple.

Cheers,

Gary_M
    Free Member

Camping pods here and you can ride straight onto the Dalbeattie trails from there.

Might be busy though as I think its mid term holidays in England?

Or cheapish caravan here, 30 seconds ride to the dalbeattie trails and some good riding in the woods at the top of the site.

Fat-boy-fat

In order of preference for me:

Kirroughtree
    Drumlanrig
    Mabie
    Ae
    Dalbeattie (a very distant last)

There’s loads of accommodation round about the Dumfries area. You could try ye olde Marthrown of Mabie. I’ve not been there for years but it used to be OK. I’d be looking for a wee air b&b option to be honest. Should be cheap given the season.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If your stuck for time, be aware that Kirroughtree is around 50 miles from Dumfries, just sayin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Few days off – 7 Stanes?’ is closed to new replies.