Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fethiye,Turkey
  • benjii19
    Free Member

Anyone been? Any info on bike hire etc

IanW
    Free Member

Went there in 1990, I recall kids with no legs pushing themselves along on skateboards and bears on chains. Don’t remember any bike hire.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I was there in ’95 I think it was – great scuba diving, fresh peach juice and cake by the harbour… happy memories. No idea about bikes there, I’m afraid!

wallop

Great for sailing, not so sure about bikes.

Cheezpleez

Far too hot for cycling. Have a glass if beer and a lie down instead.

Moses

No. Don’t go. We passed through there a month ago. It’s like Blackpool / Southend on steroids and more expensive.

TheFlyingOx

Having recently been to Dalyan and wondering the same, expect shitty no-brand BSOs or £800 week-long bike tours. Nothing inbetween.

You’re better off hiring a quad and going exploring.

Frankers
    Free Member

We have an apartment in Calais Beach Fethiye, and visit every year

I have my own bikes out there so don’t need to hire, most of the bike shop only hire/sell very low end bikes

It is very hot in the day but I still ride, just make sure you take loads of bottles of water. There are loads of tracks you can just get out and ride, though no maps are available so you have to use your own sense of direction.

Other activities worth doing

Calais Surf club
    Boat trip for snorkelling, beer and BBQ
    Oludeniz paragliding
    Jeep Safari (ask for one without carpet shop stop off )

Frankers
    Free Member

Moses – Member
    No. Don’t go. We passed through there a month ago. It’s like Blackpool / Southend on steroids and more expensive.

That’s Hisarönü you drove through not Fethiye

bryan-g-

Been going to Turkey for years to Marmaris which is not to far along the coast so all the same terrain, and have done a lot of running in the hills which would be great for mountain biking. Unfortunately any hire bikes I have found are shite and would fall to bits if you dropped off a kerb. Thinking about taking one of my own bikes this year.

Frankers
    Free Member

Found This

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fethiye,Turkey’ is closed to new replies.