Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Festive 500? go on naff off
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

I think we should all leave him in his pit of negativity while the rest of us just carry on and enjoy ourselves.

oldgit
    Free Member

You don’t understand. Fine if Go-Ride were promoting this as something aimed at novice riders or anyone starting out.
    But why are Rapha doing this? their market isn’t aimed at anyone who would find this a challenge, well not a challenge physically anyway.
    Their product is for the high end, well equipped rider, attracted to the quality, where only the best is good enough and needed.
    Rapha products are great, rather like a bit of Dura Ace. I’d never use either as I don’t feel myself to be competent of needing it.

I do enjoy my rides, we have a great laugh, it’s hard not to woop sometimes.

butcher

But why are Rapha doing this? their market isn’t aimed at anyone who would find this a challenge, well not a challenge physically anyway.

I’m not sure this is the case. Most of their target market are doing what everyone else is doing at the time of year. Getting drunk, cooking Christmas dinner, organising, getting fat….and making the most of some time off work and getting out for the odd ride.

Neither will Rapha want this to appeal to only a hardcore few. I never bothered thinking about it because I knew I wouldn’t get close, despite being a very active cyclist who gets out most days. It’s a good whack of riding however you look at it. But it’s a good whack of riding that many of us are capable of. Like has already been said, it’s inclusive, not exclusive. Rapha want to reach as many people as possible, and if I thought my riding would rise above even half of that it maybe would’ve motivated me to go the extra mile, so to speak. It’s all a bit of fun, isn’t it.

Viewing 3 posts - 81 through 83 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Festive 500? go on naff off’ is closed to new replies.