Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Festivals
  • satsoma
    Free Member

We didn’t manage to get tickets for Glastonbury at the weekend – but well done to everyone that did!

Any recommendations for other festivals? We’ve always wanted to go to Glastonbury, but not been lucky enough.

Has anyone been to Green Man?

muzzle
    Free Member

Deer Shed festival in North Yorks is great, particularly if you have kids. Great music, ace beer, loads to keep the kids entertained and always sunny (so far).

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member
    bazzer
    Free Member

Isle of Wight, not too big, but big enough !!!

kimbers

as I mentioned on t’ other thread

sziget.hu/festival_english

is brilliant
    5 days, great line up, budapest is a nive place to explore too, flights with easyjet etc means it costs the about same as glasto, the weathers better, its less up its own arse and its a lot more of an adventure

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I’ve done a few of the major UK ones and a few of the major European ones. They’re all kind of similar, once you’re inside the arena, so just pick a festival in a place that you fancy visiting, maybe?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I was thinking Sziget but there are no “huge” headliners this year. Depends how much you want to spend really 🙂

grievoustim
    Free Member

I went to festival number 6 in portmeirion. It was fantastic, weather got a bit dicey on the Sunday (it’s a bit late in the year compared to Glastonbury), but I will go again I think. Awesome setting, great variety of stuff going on etc

muzzle
    Free Member

Smaller is better when it comes to festivals. Or maybe I’m just a grumpy sod who doesn’t like crowds.

iolo
    Free Member

Rock Werchter in Belgium is always fun.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Truck, Oxfordshire – Indie rock village fete

Latitude, Suffolk – Slimline Glastonbury for the Radio 4 set

End of the Road, Dorset – Great mix of indie, Americana, folk in the beautiful Larmer Tree Gradens

Beacons, Yorkshire – Undeground bands and art on the Yorkshire Moors, fun

ahwiles
    Free Member

Copredy. Arrive by narrow boat if you want to do it properly!

Duggan

Festival No6 in Porthmeirion in Wales is one of the best I’ve been to.

Home

iolo
    Free Member

I was there Duggan. Its was very good.
    The Manics were disappointing but that was nothing to do with the festival..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ynot. It’s small and in the peaks. This year was such a blast and there’s a really good atmosphere.
    Loads of ciders and loads of new fresh bands as well as some old favourites.
    Highly recommend for the grand price of 80 quid each with kids being free if you have them.

llama

If you really want to go to Glastonbury there is always the returns sale in April

or else just pick the closest

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve jsut been to a Harvest Festival, does that count? 😉

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Beautiful Days run by The Levellers is a good one.

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Shambhala 8)

robbonzo
    Free Member

Larmer Tree festival is small but great. Just dont tell anyone. 🙂

bristolbiker
    Free Member

+1 for both End of the Road and IoW – both good in their own distinctive ways

brassneck

Purbeck Folk is fun. Plus you may get to see the lesser spotted CtBM ragging some new niche bike along the back road to Corfe.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Click this! Eden festival

ThePinkster

I went to festival number 6 in portmeirion. It was fantastic, weather got a bit dicey on the Sunday (it’s a bit late in the year compared to Glastonbury), but I will go again I think. Awesome setting, great variety of stuff going on etc

+1
    Quite small compared to many but a unique setting being in/on the outskirts of the village and incredibly chilled atmosphere. Definitely the best festival I’ve been to in years (OK, didn’t make it this year but from what I’ve heard it was much like last year).

Being later in the year is pretty good too as it doesn’t conflict with anything else either.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Beatherder

Eden fest is pretty chilled out, too many hippies though and not enough big tunes.

postierich
    Free Member

Been meaning to go for the last 2 years will be going this year still pricy mind!
    http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/

O and its no where near Kendal more Penrith!

Marin
    Free Member

Went to the Green Man this year. Good site, stayed on the Camper Van field. Was very chilled out. Saw some good bands and lectures but for the price the main stage headliners very dissapointing. The smaller stages much better. All a bit civilised compared to what I remember when I used to go to a lot about 15 years ago. My jury is still out if that’s a good or bad thing.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

no 6 is a poshers fetival–personally like a bit more edge for less wedge.

Beatherder does for me…..

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Festivals’ is closed to new replies.