Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Festival number 6 help.
  • jkomo

Not been before and a few of us are booked up, and there is a couple of things I can’t find answers to on the web.
    Are small gas canister stoves okay or is it just disposable bbq and solid fuel burners?
    Can you drop all your crap off at the entrance with a mate, then park and ride?
    I’ve got my eye on a few items to buy, but if I can’t take to Fn6 I might not bother.
    Also got Cornbury (for the wife and kids) and Wilderness before then, so any purchases need to be done in spring sales ideally. Thanks

jkomo

Weekendy bump

grievoustim
    Free Member

I took gas canister things when I went a couple of years ago- don’t remember anyone saying I couldnt\

In theory you could have a friend wait by the gate with some stuff – bit of a trek though. You can catch the shuttle bus back to the car but its a bit of a pain. Much easier to limit yourself to kit you can carry (some sort of fold away trolley to help you lug more stuff would be good though)

Northwind

Their FAQ says you can bring camping stoves, it’d be pretty stupid not to say “but no gas”.

iolo
    Free Member

I saw Beck there last year.
    It’s a great venue for a music festival. Zero mud and decent toilets

jkomo

I thought there was a ‘no aerosol’ rule, and other festivals only allow solid fuel or those liquid burner things.
    I shall await the response to my email I sent last week.
    Any other tips for the festival?
    Cheers all

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i went last year, just for the day unfortunately but lots of people just lugging kit on the Park and Ride bus to the campsite area, some had little trolleys! Really good festival, nice mix of music and other things to see. Fab location, decent bogs, not many half-wits from what I observed. Enjoy.

lodious
    Free Member

I don’t think you will get near the festival to drop stuff off, the roads looked pretty tightly controlled last year. I think you’d be ok with a gas burner, id have thought it’s a lower risk than a disposable? The trolley idea is the best.

Duggan

I’ve been every year and it’s a brilliant festival.

You won’t be able to drop your stuff off at the gate and then do the park and ride- the roads immediately outside the venue are closed and you’re basically compelled to do the park and ride. It’s very well organised though- there’s hundreds of buses doing shuttle runs and they will load and unload your gear for you. The bus journey is only about ten mins anyway.

As far as I’m aware small gas canisters and the like are fine.

You’ll have a brilliant time- make sure you check out the woodland raves. They didn’t used to show these on the maps etc but I think they did last year so should be easy to find.

jkomo

Great, thanks.

Northwind

lodious – Member

I think you’d be ok with a gas burner, id have thought it’s a lower risk than a disposable?

You, sir, have never been to Reading.

jkomo

Duggan, whats the security like at the car park?

Duggan

Duggan, whats the security like at the car park?

Yeah pretty good I think- there’s always people there on site and it’s all on the local rugby club fields- I’d say your car is as safe there as anywhere.

We got stuck in the mud one year when it rained a lot and they had several tractors on site ready to tow anybody out who got stuck- literally waited about 3mins and they towed us out, no bother at all.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Car park security is good there, staffed all day and night. Me and a mate got a day ticket as we had to get off early on the Saturday. Had a few shandies then got the last park and ride bus back and slept in the car in the car park and an early departure on the sat morning .

jkomo

Great, thanks.

jkomo

They have confirmed small canister stoves okay.
    Are those ones from Alpkit any good:
    https://www.alpkit.com/products/brukit?gclid=CKWqj6uK5MQCFYcSwwodahAAdg
    Thinking of a morning coffee, and maybe a posh noodle.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Festival number 6 help.’ is closed to new replies.